1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football -- 10/12-14

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Oct 12, 2006.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Troy Edwards once had a game like that.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Isn't happening. Give it up.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It'll be Ohio State (12-0) v. USC (12-0) for the title.

Just because 'SC isn't smoking teams doesn't mean the Trojans aren't a quality team. Voters fail to realize that programs like OSU, USC, Texas, Michigan, Florida are everybody's national championship. Every week they have to bring it at intense levels even if they don't win by blowout every week. Should USC have killed Arizona State? Most years, sure. But they still won a tough game. That's gotta count for something. We know voters are fickle little bitches, though, and unless No. 3 USC beats Arizona State 58-2 it's not considered a "real" win and USC drops in the polls, while everybody's sweetheart Rutgers makes a chasmic leap to No. 10 or something. That's what bugs me about the whole thing.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

If memory serves, 21 catches for 405 yards at Nebraska in the 1998 season opener. And because all of Gary Crowton's best players were on offense, Louisiana Tech still lost by four touchdowns.

I was there. Anyone else?

5. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Rutgers isn't necessarily the one I'd be worried about if I were WVU or Louisville.

Pitt's offense is moving the ball like there's no defense on the field lately. Palko is playing for draft position.

Remember, Pitt's only loss was to Sparty before the heart dropped out of their chests.

6. Chef

Chef Active Member

FIU-Miami was an absolute disgrace.............only a miracle kept that idiot #26 from Miami from killing someone with his helmet.

Coker.......have a nice journey.

7. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Miami gangstas don't cruise the streets in pimped-out rides and hang out on street corners. They put on pads and helmets and play football.
    Sure, FIU was just as blameworthy here, but Miami's been out of control long before Coker. You remember the famous incident where the husband of a current UM Board of Trustees member went diving into the stands after the San Diego State mascot? (You can smellllllllllllll who I'm talking about.)

8. NDub

NDub Guest

I saw the fight on a small TV at the bar, so I didn't get a good look.

Can anyone provide a link?

ESPN and ESPNEWS is all pregame NFL shit now.

9. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

drafted by marvin lewis

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

FB,

If I didn't know you weren't up on the Palouse I'd have suspected you stayed too long at the Coug on Friday night, gettin' your game-face on. The real Cougar Gold isn't cheese, it's PBR.

Cal is awfully good. It should beat USC. I'd love to see them play Tennessee again, now that Longshore has played in a few games instead of being so raw, like he was at UT.

And we can stick a fork in the Washington turnaround story. Smacked at home, quarterback out indefinitely. OSU's kicker (44) has more points at Husky Stadium the past three years than the Huskies do (41) in three losses in the series.

Stanford gained 57 total yards on Saturday and its QB got hurt. There's a trainwreck on the Farm, but luckily for Walt Harris nobody at Stanford cares a whit about football.

11. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

If you go to the "breaking news" story on ESPN.com, there's a video link in the story.

12. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Here's the fight as it happened. At the 1:48 mark, the color commentator decides to lose his job.

This footage, combined with the announcer, is a damning indictment of the Miami Hurricane football culture.

They should be sent to the depths of Div. I football for this.

Draft saved Draft deleted