1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College coaching carousel thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

FanHouse broke the Leavitt abuse allegations, too. I'm guessing the fella who wrote that (don't know his name right off) is well-wired into the USF program.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The Middle Tennessee guy has to be the first coach I can remember who got a better job at a bigger program from the Sun Belt.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I'm feeling better about it. Adding Rodney Garner for recruiting will be huge.

One comment from an anonymous UT upperclassman after Dooley's news conference:

"I just saw more class in an hour than I've seen in a year."

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

You're right. I remember Andy McCullom was a hot name a few years ago, but never went anywhere. And Blakeney's never getting out of Troy, no matter how many SBC titles he wins.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing after watching five minutes of his presser on ESPNNews.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

http://www.pewterreport.com/articles/view/6645?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+pewterreportcom+%28PewterReport.com%29

Doug Williams has interviewed for the USF job. Although it has not been put forth to the great Tony Dungy oracle of good and evil, this would be a great hire.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Didn't they already hire Skip Holtz?

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

You are quite right, sir. My apologies.

9. Skip Holtz hires Mark Snyder as DC.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Stockstill turned ECU down.

11. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member