1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College chap ponders Sid Hartman's insult

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by SixToe, Sep 19, 2006.

1. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

http://www.mndaily.com/articles/2006/09/19/69026

2. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Ugh.... grow up, punk.

So Sid's a dick.

Fuck him. Don't waste our time with this stuff.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, it is a column in the Minnesota Daily, circulated in MPLS-St. Paul, where Sid is still considered some kind of demigod by many.

So adding one more brick to the pile of evidence he's an unmitigated dick probably qualifies as a public service.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Good for that kid.

Fuck Sid.

5. Jesus.
    I hope Sid lives to be 121 so the kid can grow up and fire his sorry ass.

6. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

This is an interesting one...

Experienced people here know there's probably nothing to be gained by writing that column.

But at his age, I'd react exactly the same way, except perhaps not so politely.

To me, this cements Sid's place as perhaps the biggest dickhead that I've ever known in this business, on any level, ever.

You all know me in an anonymous message board sort of way. I'm pretty benign. But I swear, from any dealings, remote or otherwise, that I've ever had with Sid Hartman, I will now say that I wouldn't bother to walk across the street to spit on his dead body.

I can say this because he'll to go his grave not giving a shit. I'm sure he's had a nice, fun, well-heeled life.

But I hope as he's lying on the bed on his last days, he at least says, for one second, "Gee, maybe, I didn't have to do some of that shit."

Apologies if I've offended anyone except, of course, Sid Hartman.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Fuck Sid.
    And Jersey Guy -- Sid had to be normal once to crack up....
    Fuck Sid.
    I'm sure the Reader Rep will get involved, pontificate and nothing will happen other than another brick in Sid's wall...
    Fuck Sid.

8. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Slappy, you said it better than me. I just wish he cared one iota.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I mean, I'm a cynical bastard as well as the next person. But with the exception of Ratboy, I've made it a point to help interns and such...
    But someone strike me if I end up as bitter as Sid....

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Exactly right, all.

If this was the worst thing Sid had done to a Daily writer/ intern/ person he didn't like, it would be one thing.

This is an average day in the life of Sid. He really treats people like this.

I once saw him boot a younger writer from the Strib from a front row seat he had been occupying for more than an hour and a huge press conference that was filled to the rafters.

Couldn't believe my ever-loving eyes.

11. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

It's funny, I went back and reread the column, and thought, well, maybe this is just a veteran guy thinking he's giving a young guy the good-natured needle.

But given his history and reputation, I can't give him that pass.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

OK, I haven't been working in Minnesota in 20 years and shared a sporting event with Sid in 13....
    Has anyone ever told him off? Told him to get bent? Said find your own seat or quit interrupting this conference?
    Seriously. I'd love to hear an anecdote...

Draft saved Draft deleted