1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College basketball thread...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by steveu, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Glad to see K-State lost tonight at Texas Tech. Not because it's Pat Knight's first victory, but because it means K-State isn't all alone atop the Big 12 standings anymore.

2. I light a candle at the Shrine Of Kreklow and pray for guidance.

3. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I just watched an embarrassing performance. Careless passes, nonexistent defense, no leadership on the floor ... and it wasn't like they were playing a Top 10 team.

This wouldn't have happened under Herb Sendek's watch. You reap what you sow, Wolfpack Club. And it smells like it's downwind from the Vet School.

4. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Stanford-Arizona State about to go to overtime on FSN.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Definitely a good one to watch. When Stanford had that big run, I thought the game was pretty much done.

Huge win with respect to the NCAA Tournament for the Sun Devils, who showed some mettle tonight.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Herb has gievn life to ASU hoops that, well, never really was alive in the first place.

I love the Harden kid. If he can hang around for a few years, ASU hoops might be able to take some of the Arizona stage away from U of A. With Lute's future in doubt there, the Devils might have a chance.

Seven games left for ASU, and they have to win four to have a chance at the NCAAs. Five wins, and they are in the tourney. They need to take care of Cal and USC at home and OSU on the road. There are three wins. They need to get 1-2 wins out of at WSU, at UDub, at the Ducks and UCLA at home.

How did NC State do against BC tonight?

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Two brutal 5-foul countouts . . . one at the end of reg, the other ten seconds into OT, and Harden saves them

8. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Kentucky with a big conference win at LSU today
    At 13-10 overall, UKats might still win the SEC East.

9. John

John Well-Known Member

Especially since Georgia, which has about six players, is hanging with the Vols early in the second half.

10. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

::)

11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Looked like crap and lost badly at Chestnut Hill.

Then NCSU turned around and lost at home to Clemson. On Jimmy V Bobblehead Day at the ESA.

Somewhere, Herb Sendek has every right to laugh ... only I know he's too classy to do such.

12. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Auburn looking for sweep of Ole Miss today
    Close game with 8 mins left at Tad Pad in Oxford.

MSU separates from SEC West bunch (by mere 2 games) with win over Arky.

SEC still has 6 legit teams that could go dancing, according to analysts
    Vandy, Tenn, UF, Ole Miss, State, Arky

EDIT/MODIFY FUNCTION: Aubie hits FTs late for cushion in 90-78 win.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.