1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College basketball 2009-10 running thread No. 1

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

The Vols would have won by 90 if they had actually tried.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

And UNCA is actually expected to be a top three team in the Big South. Not a good day for that league. UNCA loses by 75 (!!!) and Liberty loses by 40 at home to Clemson.

3. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Ok I watched a little bit of the first half - Iowa is fucking awful.

They may not win ten games this year

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Zag, the Zags are testing Sparty! :)

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

zag -- that Duquesne team is expected to be really good this year. Won 20-plus games last year with one of the youngest teams in the country. Not excusing Iowa, but Duquesne isn't a run-of-the-mill patsy, either.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The court for the UM/KU game is a disgrace.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I was just about to post that. Cripes. How many ads can you fit on one floor?

8. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Yes, I understand that - but they were without their best player who broke his arm.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Ah, I didn't realize that. Thanks.

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Second that. Just glad KU survived that one. As much as I would love to see the Jayhawks cruise in every game, it's physical, defensive, grind-it-out games like that where you find out about some of these teams.

Also, seeing Hofstra scare UConn tonight made me feel much about how how easily KU won its opener Friday.

11. mjp1542

mjp1542 Member

Duquesne wasn't without its best player. Damian Saunders played. 16 points, 16 boards, 6 steals, 3 blocks, 2 assists. Bolding (broken wrist, not arm) is out 4-6 weeks. If he played, Duquesne would have won by 20. He makes the offense hum, and they were lost on offense without him. But Saunders fills the stat sheet (had 17 and 19 in the opener) and will play in the NBA.

What had the makings of a very good out-of-conference record for the Dukes now has taken a turn for the worse. But when Bolding gets back for conference play, expect Duquesne to challenge for one of the top four spots.

And I was really hoping for a win over Pitt this year. Damn.

12. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Gonzaga's really young, with Matt Bouldin the only starter back from last year.

But there certainly is potential there, especially if the Bulldogs' big man Robert Sacre steps it up like he did against the Spartans.

Still, the victory goes to Izzo, Lucas and Co. Still the class of the Big 10 this season -- although the gap is closing.

Draft saved Draft deleted