1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College basketball 2009-10 running thread No. 1

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Nov 9, 2009.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

(I'm willing to take suggestions on how many pages these things should go before they get locked and replaced.)

Coaches v. Cancer Classic tripleheader on ESPNU tonight, with a bonus game on the Big1T1en Network.

Currently UNC is taking it easy on Zeke and Florida International; they're only up 12 with 5:30 left in the first half.

2. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Re: College basketball 2009 running thread No. 1

This is my favorite sports season of the year. Despite not being able to see the UNC game, I'm giddier than Alyssa Milano at the MLB All-Star game for the season to have started.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

UNC suddenly realized they're playing FIU.

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Does UNC look really skinny?

Outside of Ginyard, they do not look physically strong.

5. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Alcorn State down by 40 to Ohio State, on DirecTV

Braves had a uniform fiasco pregame, with numbers switched and roster not matching up.
    Ohio State radio crew had a good time with that. Apparently the Brave player wearing No. 7 (illegal number) was going to be assessed an automatic technical foul when he entered the game.
    How do collegiate programs not work this stuff out ahead of time?

BTW, Mississippi State's ranked in the preseason Top 20 (even after IJAG called them a mere "middling" program).
    On to the Final Four.

6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Sorry Blitz, it's about the Badgers this year. They're going to chalk up 49-48 wins all the way to the title!

(hope I don't need blue).

7. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

The Badgers have been to Final Fours before.
    Nothing would surprise me in the realm of collegiate basketball.
    The needed playoff system is in place to create plenty of excitement and mystique.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

Boeheim gets career win 800 tonight against the mighty Great Danes of SUNY-Albany.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=293130183&campaign=rss&source=twitter&ex_cid=Twitter_espn_4640168

9. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I was listening to Monday Night Football only half-heartedly, but I think I heard Tirico say that in a couple of weeks, ESPN is showing 24 straight hours of live college hoops. Did I hear this correctly or did I have one too many beers earlier in the evening?

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

They did the same thing last year. On the east coast a couple of games start really early, to go with games out in places like Hawaii and Alaska, and probably a midnight start or so on the west coast. It's kind of absurd, or entertaining, if you can't get enough of early Big Sky or Big West hoops or something.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I heard it too.

When is the Maui Classic or the Great Alaskan Shootout?

I'm sure a D-III would play at 5 a.m. for a chance at a national game.

12. Crash

Crash Active Member

OK, so when all the national peeps started pimping the SEC as a pretty tough conference this year, I figured either Mississippi State or Tennessee would shit the bed early and bring the conference back to earth for a little while. But on the first night of the season? To Rider?

I didn't even think Rick Stansbury had that kind of suck in him.

Draft saved Draft deleted