1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

collection agency harassment

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by writing irish, Jan 18, 2008.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah, you should have gnawed off your damn foot.

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

And FWIW, I think incurring debt for a medical procedure that wasn't really optional is a whole different ballgame from going out and buying a flat-screen TV that I can't afford. I think that's what bothers me the most...that the hospital chooses to do business with people who conduct themselves in such a hateful fashion. You'd think that people who are supposed to be in the business of healing would...oh, never mind.

3. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

More annoying than anything else. I'll live.

4. writing irish

BTW, it was really unfair when they brought up my recent Baja California vacation and my whorish but inexplicably famous girlfriend. Not fair.

5. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Maybe it was a silicone foot enhancement.

Irish, glad it sounds like you weren't being a deadbeat and you plan to work it out. Sorry the debt and the health industries are both full of a-holes. Good luck

6. writing irish

Well, I must admit, the silicone implants in my foot do drive chicks wild. It's a shame that my surgically enhanced foot is hidden by winter boots. Can't wait until it's warm enough to wear sandals...should be tagging all kinds of hot ass as soon as word gets round town about my foot. It'll all be worth it in the end.

7. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

Colbert, If I am not mistaken (and I very well could be mistaken, given my history) I think you can block restricted call just by hitting "star" something. I think at home, you can dial *82 and blocked numbers will not get through.

YMMV

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

You might also want to contact your state attorney general's office.

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

That's the same logic that you'd use to figure that hospital employees would get decent benefits packages. Just not the case.

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Most common reason for bankruptcy in this country is medical bills.

Sadly, your pain is felt by many.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Especially since he can't afford the pain medication.

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Of course, there are those who say if some people didn't buy those flat-screen TVs, they could afford health insurance, but no sense turning this into another political thread.

Draft saved Draft deleted