1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Collecting Jerseys

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Eagles1 in London, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Great hobby, if you've got the floor space.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Try RiverCitySports.com for a Nordiques or Whalers jersey.

They have stores in Toronto and Winnipeg (at least I think it's Winnipeg), but you can order stuff online too.

Here's a blue Nordiques jersey ($109 and can customize with a players name for $80).

http://rivercitysports.com/US/details-06.cfm?sku=62980

They have Hockey Night In Canada stuff along with Charlestown Chiefs items, also.

3. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

How long have you known about this Hank? Thanks for sharing earlier. :)

4. I have an old (70s-ish) Flyers practice jersey that was stolen out of their locker room by a family friend when he was a teen growing up in Philly.

5. The only throwback I have is the old Mets batting practice jersey. Brought a few years back off Ebay. It gets frequent use along with my Plaxico Burress jersey. I guess my Shaq Lakers jersey could be considered somewhat of a throwback. I remember when the throwback craze started how much I wanted and old Keith Hernandez jersey. Now that I'm not slaving at a newspaper anymore, I might just splurge and finally buy one!

6. I only have one sweater:

[​IMG]

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

I think it's been mentioned somewhere before on the board, maybe just on one of the hockey threads though.
    Unfortunately, I don't think they have any Whaler sweaters for you, Storm.

On the other hand, I can probably get you a photo of the bald fat fuck for you to throw darts at. :D

8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Don Koharski?

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

River City Sports has been posted on here before... jerseys are cheap, but customizing's a bitch

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I have a few jerseys: Mets, Indians, two Cubs, Shockey and Urlacher. The Urlacher is the only one I still wear. I'm biding my time till I get a Hester jersey and Patrick Kane Blackhawks jersey.

11. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I'm a collector, but jerseys are just too expensive for me.

That said, I did splurge on a sweet Jaromi Jagr Penguins home jersey, and also picked up a throwback blue Dr. J Sixers jersey.

Both jerseys are so sweet.

I also have a Johnny Damon home Red Sox jersey.

Would love to get George Brett and Dan Quisenberry Royals threads, as well as Joe Montana 49ers and Chiefs. A Tony Gonzalez jersey would top my want list.

12. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Same here. I'd be all over that No. 99 road Oilers jersey except for the price.

Last jersey I owned? This one:

[​IMG]

I was 13. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted