1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coleco baseball, or other crazy stuff of yours at your parents' house

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bob Cook, Mar 17, 2009.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Tony Masiello, Andy Anderson, John Morrison and the Golden Griffins never lost a game when I was a kid playing on this game.

2. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I cleaned out my parent's house last year and found every note that I took during all of my classes in middle school and high school.

I've got one better than that - when my mom and her brother were cleaning out their parents house in 1997, they found ceiling tiles in the basement that my grandfather had been saving from the house they tore down in 1952. When they told him they tossed them, he actually got MAD, even though he lived in a nursing home at the time.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I have two of those stashed in my mom's attic. Both that style and the later, sleeker model. And roughly 50 games to go with it. I wonder if you can even hook that thing up to modern TVs, though. Seems like everything's got input jacks now instead of the old screw-in connections.
    Last time I was back there a few years ago, I quickly remembered nostalgia is all hype. I hooked the thing up to an old TV. It sucked. The graphics were terrible, the controls were rough. Even Pitfall and River Raid were boring as hell. I was crushed.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

If that's the game with the ping-pong ball and the flippers, that's exactly what I had. Probably still have it in my mom's basement, along with this bad boy:

[​IMG]

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

See the kid in the black-and-white picture on the cover of the box.

I think I know him :eek: ;D

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

This was the early 60s version that I had:

[​IMG]

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Oh, and I've got this in my closet right now. My dad wrote all over the board and cards when he was a kid, and I played my own seasons with it when I was a kid:

[​IMG]

8. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

I have one of those somewhere in a closet at Mom's house.

One of these, too:

[​IMG]

9. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

ST was status, which flashed the down and yards to go type info.

SC was the score.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'm on the verge of consonants. I bought Strat about 10-11 years in a row and never saved the darned cards.

And I laugh at that version of Bas-ket with the Jeff Ruland lookalikes on the box. I guess toy basketball wasn't integrated yet.

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Aha! Thanks, Hank! Wish I still had that one, IIRC it was a lot less predictable than the basketball (ie, a lot more fun).

12. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I have an Odysey system somewhere. I need to go look for it.

Draft saved Draft deleted