1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coldplay

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Jun 16, 2008.

?

Love or hate?

1. Love

17 vote(s)
    43.6%
  2. Hate

5 vote(s)
    12.8%
  3. Meh.

17 vote(s)
    43.6%
  1. shockey

shockey Active Member

hey, it's how i roll, what can i say? ??? ??? ???

i find it's a way to put an emphasis on words that can often be misconstrued with no voice attached. ;) :D :D ;)

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Listened to the C.D. in its entirety this weekend. It's the usual solid Coldplay album; the song they use in iTunes commercial (the name escapes me) is by far the best song on the album.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I wouldn't miss Coldplay.

4. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Boring music.

I'll pass.

5. jimmydangles

jimmydangles Member

So mellow. Never bought/downloaded any, but wouldn't be against listening to it if the mood struck. I think this is one of the bands that people ten years older than me like.

6. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I do not like Coldplay at all, but I enjoy Chris Martin's work with Jay-Z and Kanye West..."Beach Chair" and "Homecoming" are great tracks.

7. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

I don't mind a lot of their music - some of it is truly impressive, while a lot of it is just typically mediocre.

I do like some of their oldest stuff. Trouble and Yellow come to mind.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Apparently there's middle ground with them on here...

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Exactly. Nothing special about this CD, the commercial song is solid, and everyone will love it. They're like old REM lyricwise -- the songs mean nothing and there's lots of mumbling, so everyone will ascribe a million meanings to each tune.

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The Shyamalan movie is better than the new Coldplay album.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Indifferent - don't hate them, but there are a lot of bands out there who do the same thing but better.

I will say this - they are incredibly overhyped. There's just nothing particularly interesting about them, including the frontman's marriage to a similarly overhyped actress.

12. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Violet Hill is the first song from them to not make me change the radio station.

Draft saved Draft deleted