1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Colbert's Presidential Bid Denied

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ifilus, Nov 1, 2007.

1. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

If I recall correctly, Senator Strom Thurmond began his run in the US Senate as a write-in candidate in S. Car. in 1954 or '56 or something in that vicinity. The track record for write-in candidates in that state seems to be pretty good...

2. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

The track record? One guy won as a write in 175 years ago. Not sure I'd call that much of a track record.

3. sportsgopher

sportsgopher Member

Exactly the same people that also get their news from Colbert and Stewart (and there are way more than you probably think).

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

This is really a false premise. It's damn near impossible to "get your news" from those shows, because if you don't know what they are talking about already, it simply isn't funny.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Uh oh, I don't think Obama's going to get much support on the Report now ...

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

COLUMBIA, South Carolina (CNN) — Two prominent supporters of Illinois Sen. Barack Obama's presidential campaign in South Carolina called state Democratic Party officials and urged them to keep funnyman Stephen Colbert's name off the primary ballot, according to party officials and Obama supporters.

6. sportsgopher

sportsgopher Member

That's not true. Stewart and Colbert make enough funny faces to appeal to the stupid. Even people who can't read enjoy books with pictures.

Draft saved Draft deleted