1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coffee

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Sep 1, 2009.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

One small cup a day, two hours after I get into the office, but I get additional caffeine and sugar by drinking too much Pepsi.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Paging Patchs and his Tim Horton card...................

I drink the swill here at the office....slightly better than most arena coffee.....but not much.

Usually three or four cups before noon and then, that's it

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This is sad. Within five minutes of posting on this thread, I found myself getting a cup of coffee much earlier than I had planned on it. SportsJournalists.com is taking over my brain! Granted, it's not much of a conquest, but...

4. Karl Hungus

Karl Hungus Member

I make it every morning, and take a travel mug to work. In fact, I'm going to buy a larger one today.

If it were available to me in unlimited quantities, I would drink it all the time. It's right up there with beer on my list.

When I worked in TV, we had a fresh pot on the burner (always free, and always well-stocked) from the morning all the way through the 11:00 show. I might have been going at a 5-7 cup clip at that point. And I was on the low end of the consumption spectrum.

If I had a weekend all-day desk shift, it was maybe two pots a shift. Friday football was only good for one.

Coffee isn't nearly as big a part of the culture of college athletics, and I miss that.

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I grew up in a family that had regular coffee (and cake) at 10:30-11:00 most nights. To this day, my mother seems a little put out that I don't want "something" before I go to bed. No one in my immediate family seems to be affected by caffeine, so coffee that late never seemed to affect anyone's sleep.

Drinking anything hot in the morning makes me feel a little sick for some reason, so my coffee consumption is mostly in the afternoon. I usually have a cup or two of coffee around 4. Not every day, but most days. I used to only drink it once in a long while, but when I was actively doing Weight Watchers, I started drinking more, because it was a 0 point "snack" for me. On occasion, I'll have an Americano with a splash of milk. I used to drink lattes more often, but all the milk makes it too sweet for me.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Some of you obviously do not mind using the facilities at work. I, however, cannot envision a time where I would do that. I'm weird that way. I need comfort, not five other guys within 10 feet of me doing the same thing. Yuck. It's probably the only reason I don't drink more than one cup a day. If not for that, I doubt I could drink more than two cups anyway.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I drink 2-3 cups of black coffee in the morning at home. Rarely any after that.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The whole Super Sonner facade suddenly just crumpled.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  9. JackReacher

Pfft. I stand by my comments. It would have to be an emergency. I swear, between 9 and 11 a.m., all four or five stalls in the bathroom are taken. I hate even going in there to take a leak. Ugh.

And morning meetings? Well, they're always interrupted about halfway through by someone who has to "take care of some paperwork."

One cup is good enough for me, thanks. :)

10. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

I need at least three cups of coffee in the morning just to function (the third I bring to work in a travel mug), and then at least one (hot or iced) in the afternoon.

If I don't have coffee at all, then I get one of those dull, annoying headaches that just rests in my forehead and eyes.

11. JackReacher

You may have a problem, Cougargirl. :)

12. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

The first sign of addiction is denial, LOL.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted