1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coffee makers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Dec 12, 2008.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Duh, maybe I should read the whole thread first. ::)

SC, I can understand your desire to have the coffee started automatically. But I find that I really don't mind wandering around in my kitchen for five minutes waiting for the water to boil. I'm not awake yet, anyway.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I think they like to be called baristas these days.

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

That's Coffee-American to you.

4. JNEWFIFTY

JNEWFIFTY Member

I second

5. Unibomber

Unibomber Member

I am a huge fan of the Hamilton Beach Brew Station http://www.hamiltonbeach.com/coffeeespresso-makers-brewstation-coffeemakers.html

The thing that is great about it, besides the vending-style pour spout is that it has a low temp warmer and the coffee in it keeps well because it never gets burnt like it can in a standard maker, which has a hot plate under the glass carafe.
    Honestly, for a student, you could make a cup before your AM classes and just leave it and later turn it back on and have hot coffee that doesn't taste reheated in about 20 minutes. It is great for anyone who cant kill a whole pot in an hour.
    Proctor Silex makes a Brew Station as well that is the same basic premise and parts, but is cheaper ($25 vs. $45 to $50) than the fancy Hamilton Beach one and you can get those at about any big box store.
    http://www.amazon.com/Proctor-44301-BrewStation-Dispensing-Coffeemaker/dp/B000A1FFQS

Draft saved Draft deleted