1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coach's strategy for not talking to the press

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by ScribePharisee, Feb 12, 2009.

1. I Digress

I Digress Guest

This has been said, but I'll reiterate.. talk to the AD.. not of them are wiling to deal with the situation, becuase they have to deal with the asshats every day. Then the principal. A well-place, well this is going to make us reconsider our working relationship with the school as a whole should send chills down their spines. Bullshit? Sure, but could be effective.... I also cannot overestimate the impact of writing.. coach buttwipe did not provide results. coach buttwipe did not provide results.. see that four, five times and ADs, principals and parents start getting the message.

2. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Update: I talked to the person affected by this over the weekend, per the original post: Coach Strategist got knocked out in the opening round of the playoffs for the umpteenth straight year. Looks like another affirmation of his coaching brilliance.

3. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Awesome. I guess the others didn't need to scout them. Or they, you know, actually went and watched them a time or two to get all the info and much more that they would have gotten from reading a newspaper roundup.

4. micke77

micke77 Member

I Digress....i have done that several times, writing in there that "Coach John Doe didn't provide results, etc., etc."...amazing how effective that is...next thing you know, they're sending in stuff.

5. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

This thread is hilarious.

Makes me wonder if somewhere there's a high school wrestling coach message board where they're all bitching about the media :)

"Can you believe the nerve of some reporter wanting put my results in the paper?"

6. micke77

micke77 Member

BB Bobcat...that is hilarious.
    an update on that basketball coach I was talking about the other day, the one who refuses to call in results because it gives away his strategy to other teams perusing our sports section. but yet he called in detailed info when his club upset a state ranked foe last weekend.
    well, last night, i covered a playoff game involving his team and they lost. guess us being there played a key role in them losing since we are publishing the results today. :D

7. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

Just for fun, I posted this...

http://www.wrestlingreport.com/current/viewtopic.php?p=56571#56571

8. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Well, done, Bobcat! Well done, sir!

9. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

That...is...AWESOME!!! That was great.

10. BB Bobcat

BB Bobcat Active Member

I just outed myself to them.

11. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Very well done.

12. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Bobc
    Bobcat, can you send me a copy of what you posted? They've apparently removed it.

Draft saved Draft deleted