1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coach K's Big Fat Fib

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Mar 26, 2016.

1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

So, did Altman get on the OU kid who launched a 30-footer with about 35 seconds left? But he missed, so I guess it wasn't a problem. Coach K is an ass. Who knew?

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

It's important to remember that Coach K would never allow his own players to taunt or celebrate after a basket.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, all I see there are some gritty scrappers playing The Right Way, using the life skills they learned in two-parent households.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Nike values.

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Another note on the Dahntay Jones clip: The victim, Nick Vander Laan, used to hit on my wife and her friend relentlessly when we were in school. I'm pretty sure it was mostly because they were tall.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Some web/print journalists did, too on Twitter. Apparently it was really important to let Coach K off the hook as soon as possible. One even said he owned it.

Since Coach K didn't admit he lied, what did he own?

He successfully disparaged a kid who subsequently played like shit today though.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Alma, who was taking K's side? I'd like to see that.

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

All the Turner studio guys did.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Cut them some slack. It's not like they stomped on some guy's stomach when he was down.
    Seriously, K needs to shut the fuck up. Disingenuous ass.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

And he gets the Amex commercials.

11. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Serious question: Are people genuinely surprised that Mike Krzyzewski, leader of men, is a liar?

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Yes, Most people. The same people who don't really know why Boeheim was suspended this year.

I think what's surprising, and under reported, is that not only did he lie, but he falsely accused Brooks of being a liar.

Draft saved Draft deleted