1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coach K: Nobody asked me, so I'm breaking my silence on the lax team

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BYH, Jun 20, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

What a pompous, sanctimonious, pretentious, egomanical, passive-aggressive asshole.

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ap-dukelacrosse&prov=ap&type=lgns

Krzyzewski said during his annual summer meeting with reporters that he has been trying to "lend whatever guidance or insights I might have into the situation" to school officials, including president Richard Brodhead.

I wonder how dickhead would respond if, oh, I don't know, ANY OTHER COACH ON CAMPUS tried to "lend whatever guidance or insights I might have into the situation" regarding JJ Redick's DUI.

Krzyzewski said Tuesday he waited to talk about the case because, "I think it's important for me to remember my place."

"I am the basketball coach. I'm not the president, I'm not the athletic director and I'm not on the Board of Trustees, and don't want to be."

Uh huh. Your place is the basketball coach. Nobody gives a shit what you think about the lacrosse team.

And by saying all this, you remind everyone you're more powerful than the president, AD and the Board of Trustees combined.

Asshole. Go back to figuring out how to lose in the sweet 16 with the most talented team in the country.

2. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

No, you're an asshole.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

God bless you, BYH.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Hey newbie: Blow me.

5. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I like the line about losing in the Sweet 16.

But who is Blaine Stoughton?

And now may be the time to mention I've heard "Rock Me Tonite" about 67 times on the radio recently.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

I changed my screen name to honor all-time Whalers great Blaine Stoughton. I guess I'll change it back now that the Cup is finally over.

And hey, I like to think Junkie and I are, ever so slowly, leading Billy Squier on a Meat Loaf-esque comeback. :D

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

False Premise, douchenozzle.

Meat Loaf never had a comeback.

Because Meat Loaf never fuckin' left.

8. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

:D :D ;D ;D

Great post!

9. I'm not a Duke or a Coach K fan, and I agree wholeheartedly with BYH that he is a pompous, arrogant ass. That said I don't really have a problem with anything he said there.

I do, however, have a problem with his continued existence.

10. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I hate Duke. I really fucking hate Duke.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Hmmm ... what's the over/under on the amount of time it takes IJAG to weigh in?

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Sorry, BYH and alll you Duke haters.
    Coach K is the most high-profile person on the Duke campus and he has kept quiet on this for months.
    No problem with the lone Nationally-known figure at Duke -- quick, BYH, name one other coach at Duke. Name the President, name anybody not affiliated with the basketball program-- having something to say.

Draft saved Draft deleted