1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

coach k = fraud

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HoopsMcCann, Sep 1, 2006.

1. 'yab --
    Do try to camouflage it a little better, OK.
    Your last few posts have done everything but wear a hood.

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Nicely played. ;)

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

lol

Too many satin shorts, juice boxes after the game, and basketball moms in their mini-vans.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It does appear that the hood wearing population is now signgificantly more diverse then the old days. It now includes hood wearers from the 'hood.

5. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Allow me another second to guffaw at people who think LeBronze is going to be equal or better than Jordan.

[/guffawing]

I'm sure it's also the referees' fault that LeBronze and Co. has once again failed miserably in international ball. What a bunch of suckers. We've failed in every international tournament since, what, the 2000 Olympics? And still, we get a bunch of cocky, overpaid prima donnas who think that they're going to win easily.

Grease is the word. It was in 1978 when Olivia Newton-John was blazin' beyond blazin' hot and it was today in Japan.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Tim Duncan blamed the refs two years ago, when he fouled out within six minutes in each game. OK, maybe not near that quick, but you get the point. The players, at some point, have to adjust to how the game is called.

I don't think these were cocky prima donnas, like say Duncan's team two years ago. I think there was much more evidence that this was a team, in a true sense. But it's only the start to a storyline that ends at the Olympics.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I'll watch the game tonight or this weekend. Could it be that players like Wade don't adjust when they don't go the the foul line every time someone breathes on them (2006 playoffs)?

8. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Bottom line is this team failed just like the last time. These guys I truly believe think they're gonna go over and whup some foreign ass like they're playing the Antarctica national team every game. It just hasn't sunk in with Americans. We no longer have the best basketball in the world. Hell, we may not even have the second best basketball.

And I know you like LeBron Oz, and that's fine, but once again, he was on a team that failed. And this time, there was no playing time issues and no coaching issues. Like everyone else on that team (my boy Hinrich included), LeBron is a failure and I will never put him in the same breath as Michael Jordan. Jordan would never have allowed his nation to lose to a country named after a Broadway musical.

9. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

This isn't a failure. It's a building block towards the '08 Olympics.

Go back and look at past U.S. performances at the World Championships. It's not all 1st, 1st, 1st like you'd think. So the U.S. takes third or fourth. That's still better than the embarrassment that was 2002.

Two years from now, if this same team wins gold, we'll be proclaiming Krzyzewski as a genius and talking about James and Anthony as "great ambassadors for the game." One bad game where the team forgot to shoot free throws and play second-half defense isn't going to knock the United States out of elite status in the world. I mean, God forbid the rest of the world bring its A game to Team USA. We only taught them how to play the damned game.

10. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Check his rap sheet. Does he have any DUI? Drug convictions? Is his free-throw shooting less than 70 percent because he doesn't try? If the answer to any of these questions is no, then I'm sorry... that player can't be in the NBA. ::)

11. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

michael jordan never lost a game ever, that's true

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Jordan never lost, but let's face it, he played in a different era. He played at a time when foreign players hardly ever took up space on NBA rosters. Remember what a big deal it was when Tony Kukoc came overseas to the Bulls? Those overseas players never played against Americans before. They were in awe when they saw Dream Team and Dream Team II. Those were experienced American teams that faced a world that played more like fans facing idols than peers.

It's not like that now. What team doesn't have an NBA player on the national roster these days? And you have to look at how long these foreign teams have been together -- you have to admit, that has to help. Had Jordan been in his prime, on the roster and playing last night, maybe the Americans do win. But it would have been a heckuva lot tougher than it was when he did play those same teams in real life. It's just not that easy anymore.

Most Americans act as if we're supposed to own the basketball court. Just remember, it was a Canadian who invented it.

Draft saved Draft deleted