1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coach Hoodie stealing signals?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, Sep 10, 2007.

1. patchs

patchs Active Member

So the commish rules the Pats cheated.
    What is their punishment?
    Lost draft choices?
    OOOOO!!
    Like that will hurt with free agency.
    Fines?
    OOOOOO!!
    Like the Pats will just raise ticket prices to pay for it.
    If the NFL was serious about this, either suspend Belichick for half the season or have the Pats forfeit the game.
    Am I the only one who believes their dynasty is tainted with this?
    If it's HGH or sign stealing, cheating is cheating.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

So the Pats cheated:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3014677

Why shouldn't Belichick be suspended for a few games?

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Bob Kraft will get the HC of the NEP off the hook.

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I think so, though you may get some Jets fans to sign on.

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I think I can guess what they might look like, given the number of Patriots fans who politely surmised in my email box that Bill Belichick must have impregnated my wife.

6. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

And this isn't the first time. They've been warned before.

7. Outing alert: Mmac is Buzz Aldrin.

The league needs to seriously punish this team.

8. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I would like to ask Goodell if I could have permission to shove the Hooded Douche to the ground just like he did to that camera guy after the Jets game last season.

9. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

I'm no Belichick fan, but that column/this story seems kind of weak. Belichick's "crime" = Pacman's crimes, Bob?

This is certainly a sneaky move but I don't really get how it would work/what would be the great benefit. So this guy's filming it, then where does it go? And how does it go anywhere fast enough to be relayed to the players on the field to be able to do anything with it? If it's to be used down the line, is it really that much different than watching film? I understand this sort of thing is against the rules, and a lost draft pick or two is in order, but I think it's being a bit blown out of proportion.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It's against the rules. It a violation that the league office has specifically warned NFL teams about. And if the NFL doesn't do something tangible to the Patriots after this, the new commish can just drop the tough guy act because there will be no real reason to buy it.

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

No offense, Chuck, but that's just stupid.

If the league is serious about cutting the espionage bullshit out, then really send a message with a (potential? probable?) penalty. Loss of multiple draft picks, a fine and a suspension of Coach Paranoia Runs Deep.

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Really?

Draft saved Draft deleted