1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coach goes on after wife kills self, young son

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Small Town Guy, Jan 9, 2008.

1. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

The two stories are a day off. The "tribute" has her death as Dec. 29, while the CBS story has it as Dec. 30 when he discovered them.

Although, technically, she probably died on the 29th and he didn't discover them until the next morning, eh?

I'm so damn smart.

And it's definitely f-ed up for that organization to write that. Wow.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Wow. That is truly disgusting. How can they think it is appropriate to post a tribute to this woman after she murdered her 3-year-old son? This just sickens me. I don't care if she was "ill." Don't want to go on? Stick a gun in your mouth, turn on the gas or down some pills BY YOURSELF! To do that to her child, and to put the blame on the poor boy's father in her suicide note....

I really should stop reading this thread.

3. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Absolutely!!! She deserves that, to say the least! What a bitch!!!

4. Lester Bangs

Lester Bangs Active Member

You and me both.

How the hell do you write a tribute to a murderer?

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So much for my willpower.

Seriously folks. There is a "contact us" link on the site where the tribute is. I intend to use it and try to explain to these morons how inappropriate that tribute is as soon as I am home and don't have to do it on my work computer. Might be a good outlet for anybody else as pissed off by this as I am, though I doubt it will do even a tiny bit of good.

6. Jones

Jones Active Member

That is a very bad story to read if, like me, you have a two-year-old son who drinks out of a sippy cup and sometimes wears a Cubs shirt.

7. I've read some heartbreaking things in my life, should be desensitized about things like this, but I'm not. Having the boy scribble something on the fucking suicide note just breaks me up inside. If there is a hell below, that woman is burning in it.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Ok, I am going to warn everyone. If this story has punched you in the gut, do not click this link. This is the child's obit. It includes a slideshow of the child that is crushing.

http://www.fisherfuneralchapel.com/obits/obituaries.php/obitID/175378

I came across it looking for more info on the coach and wife.

I did note this.

Donations Information
    The family is requesting memorial contributions to be made in memory of Ryan to:
    The Graham County CASA Program (Court Appointed Special Advocates for abused and neglected children) Graham County Courthouse
    800 W. Main
    Safford, AZ 85546

or the Boy and Girls Club of Gila Valley. 805 S. 7th Ave.,
    P.O. Box 272
    Safford, AZ 85548

or

The Ryan Wrigley Parmeter Memorial Scholarship
    Truman State University
    Office of Advancement
    McClain Hall 100
    100 E. Normal St.
    Kirksville, MO 63501-4221

or

EAC Foundation
    PO Box 769,
    Thatcher, AZ 85552.

This scholarship is awarded in memory of Ryan Wrigley Parmeter, son of Tim Parmeter, former Truman Bulldog Basketball player and graduate assistant coach. Men's basketball player - Exhibits high moral character, exemplary team play and strong academic performance

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Pardon my ignorance, but what's a Six Sigma?

It might be explained in the tribute link, but I'll be damned if I'm giving that page a hit.

10. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I don't know, either.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_Sigma

12. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

That slide show made my room a little dusty...

The picture of them outside of Wrigley Field with the sign in the background really got to me... :'(

Draft saved Draft deleted