1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coach goes on after wife kills self, young son

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Small Town Guy, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Talk about tough stories to get through. It's about a junior college hoops coach, whose wife killed herself and their son last year after a bitter divorce. She also left a suicide note saying it was all his fault, and had the kid sign the note. She also took a picture of the little boy in the car as he was succumbing to the carbon monoxide.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/10567327

2. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Jesus F-in Christ! What is wrong with people. There would be no way I could carry like normal after that for a very long time.

What a sick bitch. Special place in hell for her. I'm writing this with my 4 month old son sleeping beside me on the couch and I cannot believe people would do this to their kid. It was very tough to read, I can't imagine going through that hell.

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

I am fucking floored.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

May she rot and burn in hell.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

How can someone be that messed up that they would do something like that to a defenseless, helpless child? It's like the dad who threw his kids, all ages 3 and younger, off the bridge in Alabama. Sick, sick shit.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

My god, I have never been more disgusted.

7. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

There is nothing that sickens me more than when innocent children are killed. Especially at the hands of the very people they trust to care for them and nuture them.

Everytime I read these stories it leaves a huge knot in my stomach. It's getting to the point where I almost can't read them at all.

Hey, I can understand if you've got problems and don't feel your life is worth living. But, for god sakes, there's no need to take your children with you if you choose to end it all. That is perhaps the most selfish of all human acts.

Let the young live. Maybe their lives will have all the pleasures missing from yours.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

That's the first thing I thought about when this topic appeared.

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2008/01/man_throws_four_children_off_a.html

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Man, I couldn't even read that. Now I can't wait to get home and hug my little girl.

10. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

I couldn't finish the article. Unreal.

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

You'd think you'd heard of all the depraved and disgusting stories before, but this is a new one. Just when you think humanity has reached the lowest point on the festering shit scale, some bizarre fuckwad comes along to reset the scale. I thought the sick shit scale was topped last year when some psychotic defective humans forced a mother to rape her son, but I'm left wondering if humans are long for existence.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

This is just as bad in the parent-from-hell department. A 7-year-old girl was forced to have sex with her mom's boyfriends (yes, plural) -- then wrote about it.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/vermont/articles/2008/01/08/police_girls_diary_detailed_rapes_by_mothers_boyfriend/

Draft saved Draft deleted