1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CNN to replay 9/11 coverage

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Leo Mazzone, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060825/ap_on_hi_te/attacks_cnn

NEW YORK - CNN will mark the fifth anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks by replaying on the Internet the cable network's coverage of that day's events.

Viewers can watch how events unfolded starting at 8:30 a.m., minutes before the first reports of an airplane hitting the World Trade Center. The feed will run in real time, as the network showed it five years ago, until midnight.

For the day, CNN will make its online video service, CNN Pipeline, available for free. Normally, viewers pay $2.95 a month or $24.95 a year for four separate video feeds.

Online viewers will be able to watch live reports of memorial services through one of the feeds. So that viewers won't accidentally stumble upon graphic footage from 2001, the replay feed will be covered with a notice instructing users to click only if they want to watch.

"Our users may choose to view the stream of coverage from Sept. 11, 2001, or live coverage of memorial services at Ground Zero, or they may click through the numerous interactive elements on the site," said David Payne, senior vice president and general manager of CNN.com. "They have the power to determine the best way for them to remember the anniversary."

2. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Yeah, that's exactly what I'll want to watch that day.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Hmm. Don't think I want to watch that again. Saw the second one hit live, while I was watching, yes, CNN. Still remember it pretty fucking vividly. Don't need a replay on the computer; it's already in my head.

But glad they're putting this out there.

4. John

John Well-Known Member

Hope this is better than the bin Laden thing CNN showed the other day.

5. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

We will never forget 9/11 ... It's in the movie theatres, it is mentioned in every speech by Dumbya and we continue to have people dying overseas because of it.

Thanks, CNN, but no thanks.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I remember Stern replayed his show of that day in real time on the 1-year anniversary.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

ACtually, I'd watch it again without any qualms

8. 85bears

85bears Member

I want to watch it. Everything was so surreal going through that day, not knowing what was going to happen next. I thnk it would be fascinating to watch it with some context.

I guess I don't want to forget, easier as that might be.

9. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I'll watch it.

10. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

Fuck that shit. Once was one time too many.

11. On the other hand, they're serving nachos and beer at Aaron Brown's house.

12. leo1

leo1 Active Member

this is interesting. there's no way in hell i'd watch it. i'd be interested to hear how the relatives of the victims feel. i have no personal connection to it but i still can't watch it whenever it comes up on TV just briefly. i can't explain it -- it just makes me anxious, frustrated and angry, i guess. so that's why i'm curious how you'd feel five years later if you had that intimate connection.

Draft saved Draft deleted