1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CNN plays it straight, hemorrhages viewers

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Lugnuts, Mar 31, 2010.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

As rare as agreeing with AQB is, disagreeing with you is even more so. Have seen him several times since then. Overrated at best. And the crush statement stands. :D

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

AC did that?

Wow.

Astonishing . . . coming from him.

3. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

I know it might not be the best journalism out there, but I love the Morning Express. I really don't need 100% super-serious news in the morning.

I like Clark Howard too, and when they just have normal Headline News. Nancy Grace give me an ulcer.

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Nancy Grace is a horrible human being . . . and that's giving her all the best of it.

5. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Uh, no.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2010/04/sarah-palins-real-american-stories-draws-2-million-viewers.html

Meanwhile, count me in as a proponent of CNN International. So much better than the domestic version. I thought it was ridiculous a couple of weeks ago when CNN opted to show a rerun of Candy Crowley's Sunday morning show in the middle of the night rather than switching live to CNN International's coverage of the Moscow subway bombings. Embarrassing.

6. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

I paused to watch CNN on the office break room TV this afternoon (I don't have cable at home, cut it when I needed to save some cash and do not miss it).

I witnessed a segment on the latest top Youtube video (some random cheerleader dance thing during a school pep rally).

If this is typical of the kind of crap CNN is wasting its time with these days, I concur that politics are the least of its problems.

Draft saved Draft deleted