1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CNN: Obama, Hillary meeting now

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Sxysprtswrtr, Jun 5, 2008.

1. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

Basically, I'd marry any of them, get a chunk of alimony, then run. :)

All of them are elitist. I thought we were talking about LOOKS.

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

we were talking looks i just got distracted by your snob comment.

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Hottie, no. Nice-looking, OK.

Actually much like her mother, who looked atrocious in the pictures from her 20s (college, working on the Watergate committee), and looked perfectly OK from about 35-50. Now, she's got a little too much of the school-board mother look, but whatever.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

It's amazing what can happen for a girl when she becomes old enough to wear makeup, get an adult hair cut and knows better than to run around in cut-off jean shorts. Not to mention getting off her braces. Lots of girls look a hella lot better at 26 or so than they did at 12.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It was interesting how the media completely left Chelsea alone the entire time her dad was in the White House, but it was open season on the Bush twins.

The SNL skit where Farley played Chelsea at the inauguration has never been re-aired, but the Bush twins were portrayed as drunken partygirl skanks for the last eight years. Largely because they were (gasp) caught underage drinking while in college.

I have no problem with the media leaving Chelsea alone, but they should have done the same thing with the Bush twins. Fair is fair.

6. Terence Mann

Terence Mann Member

By most accounts, Chelsea didn't do the things that invite ridicule and satire the way the Bush twins did.

The press treats Barry Bonds differently than it treats ballplayers who are good teammates, courteous and not dripping with self-righteous asshole-ness.

But I know you think what you described is a liberal media/conservative administration thing. It's not. It's a people thing.

7. Mizzougrad96

No, it's a double standard thing. People liked Clinton, therefore his daughter was left alone. Bush was an unpopular president, therefore his daughters were ridiculed for every little misstep.

Leave the kids alone. If something major happens, sure you have to report it. But nothing major happened with the Bush twins. Fake ID at a club? Underage drinking? Who gives a shit?

Last I checked the Bush girls were doing some pretty nice charity work. Are they saints? I don't know. I don't care.

I take offense at the way Angola refers to them.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

May I suggest that the media let Chelsea Clinton alone because they were too busy covering her dad when he acted like a teenager?

9. Terence Mann

Terence Mann Member

Well, the young ones on the board tend to see the world in terms of hittable, skank, ugly, hot, etc., so that kind of thing isn't new. And of course you have every right to be offended by it if you choose, Mizzou.

So, let me ask: Do you know from first-hand contact about the Bush girls doing charity work, or did you find out about this from the media that paints them unfairly?

10. Mizzougrad96

One of the twins has a book out with the proceeds helping somewhere like Ecuador or somewhere like that.

Draft saved Draft deleted