1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CNN gives contract extension to doddering old man

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bill Brasky, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

He's only 75 now. I'd have guessed the over/under was 83, and taken the over.

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Does anyone watch him? I can't believe that, for the price, they can't do better.

3. azzurri

azzurri New Member

Larry King is absolutely awful. His show has taken a turn for the worse since he moved out to Los Angeles to chase celebrity gossip. He has always been a sycophant, but at least 10 or 15 years ago he was kissing Al Gore's behind instead of the tookus of one Paris Hilton.

His show and Headline News have devolved in the last few years -- probably because of America's obsession with mindless drivel like reality shows on VH1 and the latest news on Hollywood's hot couples that appears in the pages of People and Us Weekly.

Headline News and Larry King Live, in particular, appeal to the lowest common denominator of our society. Who cares if Lindsay Lohan ever rebuilds her life? Yet for an hour Larry King and a bunch of so-called experts pontificated on that subject. Meanwhile, the dollar has plummeted in international market, there is a housing crisis, oil and gas prices are steadily rising and we're fighting a war over in the Middle East. But I guess Lohan's welfare is more important. My bad.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Tough crowd!

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Watch out for the San Antonio Spurs this year, folks.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Dear God don't get me started on how fucked up Headline News has become. They couldn't just launch another channel devoted to licking celebrity taint and leave a useful network with steady margins alone? More proof that the 24-hour news cycle has dissolved into mythology.*

* Exhibit A being CNN getting scooped by Tim Brando and fucking Raycom on a tornado that hit its own damn building.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Give me Ferlin Husky over any of these current country crooners.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Learned the venus butterfly the other day. Pepped me right up faster than Garlique

9. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Try living with someone who insists on watching that crap. And basically being gagged from saying anything about it.

Headline News is pretty bad. Larry King is worse.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

God, and I give my wife grief for putting ketchup on steak.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

And yet, doesn't King beat MSNBC, HN, and FNC in the time slot?

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Outstanding.

Draft saved Draft deleted