1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CNN: Explosion at US Embassy in Athens

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wickedwritah, Jan 12, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Reportedly happened about 11:30 p.m. EST. CNN says an embassy official says there are no injuries as of now.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

News Alert
    ATHENS, Greece (AP)_Police say they have cordoned off U.S. Embassy in Athens after explosion heard inside the building.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

U.S. Embassy cordoned off in Athens after explosion heard

ATHENS, Greece (AP) - Police cordoned off streets around the United States Embassy in Athens Friday after an explosion was heard inside the embassy compound, police said.

Police did not immediately confirm that an explosion had taken place or give any other details.

State-run NET television, quoting eyewitness reports, said an explosion had occurred inside the main embassy building.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

DELETED.

5. Boomer7

Boomer7 Active Member

Rocket-propelled grenade seems to be the leading candidate for a cause, says CNN International's reporter in Greece.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

You have now become as big a jackass as your so-called boy friend, boob.

7. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Let's get it on!

(I guess a reference to ancient Greece here would be in poor taste.)

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Fortunately, nothing major here:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/01/12/athens.blast/index.html

Which still doesn't excuse a supposedly respected member of this board acting like a total jackass.

(I still don't understand why so many of you think she/he/it 21-boom are so wonderful).

9. dog428

dog428 Active Member

spnited, we have and will disagree on many things. This isn't one of them.

I don't know what the relationship is between these two and the folks running this board, but there definitely is one. The shit the two of them (if there is two of them) are allowed to post is unbelievable. Had anyone else on this board outed half the number of people boom has, they'd be gone. And if anyone else had went batshit crazy because another poster called them on their years' worth of bullshit claims, no way would it have been zapped.

10. Angola!

Angola! Guest

That is a pretty lame thing to say under the circumstances.

11. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Boom is an unadulterated moron.

21 is tremendous... and if the post above is the extent of her posting transgression on this thread, I would offer that peeps need to lighten up.

That said, it does seem like something has changed in 21's posts the past 6 months-year. It's subtle, but I think there has been a change.

Still, she is way in rarefied air to me.

The other guy is without redeeming value.

12. Hed bust

Hed bust Guest

On the subject of the actual thread topic:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070112/ap_on_re_eu/greece_us_embassy

Draft saved Draft deleted