1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CNHI vs. anyone.....

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by printdust, Aug 16, 2006.

1. printdust

printdust New Member

So much for the K-R bashing, Thomson bashing and Gannett bashing.

Through my sources, I am now convinced I would rather go to hell than work for a CNHI paper.

They are pathological liars when they buy you. Every person I know who has ever worked for them gets told something up front that changes drastically within a year. They don't give a shit about anything other than financing the Alabama Teachers Credit Union from which the birthers financed its start. They have perfected the practice of cutting papers beyond bare bones, and two recent acquisitions reflect, from what I hear, that the morale is the worst in company history.

You don't want to connect with one of these papers unless you're wanting a damn good excuse to leave the business.

2. Colton

Colton Active Member

Trust me, you are 100 percent correct!!! Check this out: In April, my shop pulled a 26.8 percent profit margin. Fabulous, in any market for any paper, right? Well, not here. See, they BUDGETED for a 31.6 F-in percent profit margin!!!

Since the Alabama Slammers charted us as having an almost-5 percent friggin loss, they cut, slashed and gashed all over the plant.

May all the beancounters in Bama be sentenced to work on a chain gang.

Fuckers.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

On the bright side, my wife is going to pull down a hella sweet retirement package one of these days. Thanks guys.

Of course, two years worth of my blood shed in CNHI hell is also part of the package.

4. Bob_Jelloneck

Bob_Jelloneck Member

Draft saved Draft deleted