1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CNHI CEO Donna Barrett throws out first pitch at PNC Park

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Suicide Squeezer, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

I shit you all not, Donna Barrett threw out the first pitch tonight at PNC Park, smiling like someone who saved a dozen children from the cancer ward of the hospital as it burned to the ground.

It all happened out of seemingly nowhere. I was waiting for the game to start and was stunned beyond belief when they announced the overseer who signed off on all the unpaid days, including the Christmas Fuck You, was going to throw out a first pitch. I'm admittedly still stunned and can't stop thinking about it. Every time I've skipped dinner or skipped going out with friends or skipped yadda yadda yadda to save a buck to make up for this bullshit all flashed before my eyes as she, all smiles likely on an all expenses paid corporate trip, is honored before a big crowd.

I heard later there was some meeting today at the ballpark between suits from CNHI and Ogden (of which Pirates principal owner Bob Nutting is CEO). Don't know much else besides that. If someone does, please enlighten. Is a merger in the works? Is that potentially good for us or should I be worried?

2. writingump

writingump Member

It probably means the Pirates will each have to take a week of furlough days for the rest of the regular season.

3. Suicide Squeezer

Suicide Squeezer Active Member

Pay the man, Shirley.

4. bueller

bueller Member

Maybe the Pirates weren't allowed to play extra innings, either. Can't have overtime.

5. ShiptoShore

ShiptoShore Member

I heard it was 10 before the All-Star break, and 10 after.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The Pirates also have to use broken bats, because there isn't any money in the equipment budget.

7. bueller

bueller Member

Relief pitchers, hah. We pay for 27 outs and expect the starters to record 27 outs.

8. FleetFeet

FleetFeet Member

The Pirates' season is all but over. The curse of Donna, CNHI, whatever. Pittsburgh will soon lose 10 games in a 12-game stretch and finish in a familiar fourth place.

9. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Please time Charlie Morton's furlough for the next time the Pirates play the Reds.

That is all.

10. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

I love the Pirates and I'm over the moon this season, but I hate the Nuttings with a passion. I wish they'd sell. I talked to one of the guys who serves as middleman for franchise sales and he told me he gets frequent requests from people who want to buy Pirates.

11. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

There is no Donna, only Zul.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

There is a kid in Dallas who made a shitton with the internet who I think went to USC (not the one in CA) that has been interested for a few years.

Draft saved Draft deleted