1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clooney is Cool...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by qtlaw, Mar 1, 2012.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The more I read about Clooney's views of life, the more I like him. He's got his head on straight and seems not self-centered.

http://www.advocate.com/Print_Issue/Current_Issue/By_George_Clooneys_Got_Us/

I love how he says he responds to rumors by saying he's not going to jump up and down and deny, "Who does it hurt? I could give a sh*t." Love that. One of the good ones from my generation.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Rumors that he's gay??? He's surrounded by Grade AAA trim 52 weeks a year. Every guy wishes he could be that gay.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Here's my favorite quote...

"I’m in my office right now with a stack of scripts in front of me; if I pick one, it’ll be made."

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Clooney is cool. And, by extension, it seems Pitt is pretty cool, too.

5. JackReacher

Reading the Clooney piece in a recent Esquire now, and this made me laugh...

"I get asked a lot about getting into politics. I say, "Take a look at politics. You tell me what seems appealing about that."

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Clooney handles superstardom about as well as it can possibly be handled -- I'd also say that about Paul Newman and I don't know who else.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Tom Hanks

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Well, Keaton hasn't been at the "superstar" level for 15-some years now.

Hanks hasn't made any major criminal/drug abuse/drunken gaffes in many years, I don't think.

9. JackReacher

Here's the link to the Esquire piece. http://www.esquire.com/features/what-ive-learned/meaning-of-life-2012/george-clooney-quotes-0112

Very interesting. I really haven't read much about Clooney before today. Can't say I dislike the guy.

10. In the pantheon of guys I'd want to trade places with for a week, I'd have to put Clooney right near the top. Derek Jeter, Justin Timberlake and Tom Brady would be in that mix as well.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I can go with Jeter and Timberlake (whose ability to laugh at himself is unique in Hollywood), but Tom Brady has not looked happy and relaxed a day in his life since he won the first Super Bowl.

Draft saved Draft deleted