1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

clips

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by grage100, Nov 15, 2006.

1. grage100

grage100 New Member

I posted this is the writers board, but i was told it would get more traffic here. thanks guys.

I am a college student putting together clips for internships essentially for the first time. I've been told a few different ways to send in clips. I was told to cut out the article and then photo copy it so that it is the only story on an 81/2 by 11 piece of white paper, I've been told to print the page off the internet, but then it is not always the only story on the page. What is the correct formal way to send in writing clips? does it even matter? Also, is there a proper way to send in layout or design examples? thanks.

2. I'm in college also, and I've interned twice... I like to spend 30 min. at Kinko's putting them on 8 1/2 by 11 paper. And I preferred photocpies of actual clips than online articles if possible. I think there's something to sending real articles; at least it shows you are willing to put in some effort.

3. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

Kinko's has taken a piece of my life I will never get back...

What I found works best is to copy the original, cut out the pieces and paste it on another blank sheet, and photocopy that one. It's a pain in the ass but it looks good.

4. scribbler357

scribbler357 Member

It's also not a bad ida to cut out the originals and keep them in a photo album (the kind where they're sealed underneath). It's easy to keep up with and it looks neater when you show it to a potential employer later on. It worked for me.

Draft saved Draft deleted