1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clinton shows racist tendency

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by heyabbott, Dec 23, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

As a Senator... among Senators?

Do you work for the department of redundancy department?

2. SigR

SigR Member

It's fantastic the reception a new person to these boards receives. But, typical of the internet. Overzealoous board whores trying to out-clever each other and pick on writing skills instead of ideas. It's usually what happens when an individual is intimidated by intellectual debate. Half the postings on these messageboards are among this clique of zealots who jack-off on nailing someone's grammar, spelling, or punctuation. Go back and read the list of rules for posting on these boards. Yeah, I have 10 posts and you have 20k, so the rules may not apply to you anymore. But you still might want to take a gander.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Anyone who thinks Clinton is a leftist in any way, shape or form is delusional and lacks a basic knowledge of what the left truly stands for. Clinton is a Republican in sheep's clothing and always has been.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I'm still waiting for my beer.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

We know the rules here. Hell, most of us lobbied for the rules here.

And so far, all we've seen from you is intellectual laziness.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i don't think the noob read that rule, zeke.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Fixed.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

and the noob tries to pick on all you losers with a bunch of posts. i think you post whores are both witty/entertaining and damned intellectual when you want to be.

9. SigR

SigR Member

From the "Rules and Guidelines":

-We encourage a healthy exchange of opinions. If you disagree with another member, challenge the opinion or idea - not the person.

-“Lazy” posts will not be tolerated and may results in warnings/suspensions. Examples of these posts include, but are not limited to: Starting a thread where the body is just a link (offer your opinion, some substance, etc., not just a link); Copying and pasting stories without some form of analysis or comment (make sure you have something to offer if you are going to start a thread).

If one liners, habitual antagonism toward others, stream of thought garbage, unsupportable conjecture, etc. are your bread and butter -- this is not the site for you.

----

Having been a lurker on these boards for a long time and having recently registered, I'll suggest that many individuals may know the rules, but many don't follow them. Which is fine...I know when a clique of individuals creates a haven in their nook of the net it is hard not to build walls. It's just sad that it seems most message-boards with intelligent posters end up where these boards are.

Because intellectual laziness equates to not running spell-check for a message board post. The big picture is a lot more interesting to me than the nuts and bolts.

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

That assertion about how Obama would fare with black voters didn't come out of nowhere. Obama was crushed by ex-Black Panther Bobby Rush in a Congressional primary in 2000, exactly because the mostly black district didn't feel Obama could relate to their experiences. Rush was a Clinton supporter -- in fact, Bill Clinton did ads for him vs. Obama -- until Obama announced his run. Rush took it upon itself to help Obama "shore up his base" in the black community.

Obama should worry that someone is going to check out his connections to the cast of characters being indicted around Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich (a crew that might soon include Blago himself). Obama already has a business connection to one of them, and in Illinois, you can't get elected anywhere without getting your hands a little dirty.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Not making any accusations, because I have no idea whether or not SigR is legitimate, but there seems to be an awful lot of newbies popping up during the last three months claiming to be longtime lurkers and instantly getting into pissing matches.

That is all.

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Yes, it does.

Draft saved Draft deleted