1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clinton Portis, dog lover

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, May 22, 2007.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

OMG, I was laughing so hard at that. His head almost exploded when the reporter said exonerated. Question marks started popping out of his ears. That was priceless. :D

He was at the club, so I won't knock him for being drunk, but man was that funny.

2. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Michael Vick is the Don King of dog fighting.......

3. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

It's no wonder why the player's union has no interest in taking care of the demented piss and shit factories that some ex-players have become.

They're all too worried about their right to hold dog fights.

4. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

BUT THERE'S A DIFFERENCE WHEN THESE IDIOTS IN UFC MAKE THE DECISION TO GET THE SHIT KICKED OUT OF THEM FOR THEMSELVES. DOGS ARE BOUGHT, SOME STOLEN FOR PURPOSES OF TRAINING TO FIGHT. MY COUSIN'S PUG WAS STOLEN TO BE KILLED AS A FORM OF TRAINING A PIT BULL TO LOVE THE TASTE OF BLOOD AND TO FIGHT OTHER DOGS TO GET MORE. THIS IS A FRIGGIN SICK THING FOR ANYONE TO JUSTIFY!!!

5. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

TO BE FAIR? Are you friggin serious?

AGAIN, YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT. PEOPLE CHOOSE TO DO THIS THE DOGS OR ANY OTHER ANIMALS ARE FORCED!!!

You can be a looney who loves watching UFC or even regular boxing for which I have never been a fan. And yes, you can be a fan of dog or cock fighting - BUT DOES IT MAKE IT RIGHT TO DO THAT TO AN ANIMAL WHO HAD NO FREE WILL IN THE MATTER?

Let me guess, as a child you enjoyed shooting dogs and cats with bee bee guns, and putting Alka Seltzer in sea gulls mouths to watch them explode? WTF is wrong with anyone who would condone breeding animals to fight like this?

6. Runaway Jim

Runaway Jim Member

The other difference between the UFC and your average dog fight is that there's no law preventing two humans from beating the snot out of one another for the crowd's amusement. They choose to do it, and -- assuming we're talking about a sanctioned event and not some donnybrook outside your local watering hole -- they're compensated for it. The fighters also live to see another day 99 percent of the time.

Dogs don't get a choice, they certainly don't get paid, and a fatality is an almost sure thing.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Again, Redrick, I am not condoning it -- just pointing out to those who are acting like Portis is from another planet. This type of thing is pretty well accepted in lots of places.

I like dogs. Would never sic them on each other or anyone -- except maybe if boots knocked on the back door.

8. Mmac

Mmac Guest

That last line made me laugh. Might be able to get a jury to buy the "but it was just boots" defense.

9. Sportsbruh

Sportsbruh Member

Clinton wanted a little shine and came to his boyz defense.

It's what they do in the south.

10. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeittttttttttttttt, fuck Exxon.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Clinton Portis needs to stick to what he's good at ... those Easterns Motors commercials ...

12. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Ace -- brace yourself -- but I agree with you. The hysteria over what Clinton Portis said is a little bit much.

Draft saved Draft deleted