1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clinton: Obama "perpetuating falsehoods"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by writing irish, Feb 23, 2008.

1. She looks like she's running behind.
    Anybody who doesn't think the fact that she's got ovaries isn't behind an awful lot of the mock-horror at her "unprecedentedly tough" campaign is fooling themselves. I saw some idiot woman on Hardball last night talking about how "negative" this campaign has been. I lived through the NCPAC shows of the late 1970's, and through what the Reagan people did to Carter behind the scenes, and what the Carter people did back, and through Lee Atwater vs. Dukakis, and through GHWB trying to get Mi5 to probe Bill Clinton's time at Oxford, and the ransacking of his passport files, and the Arkansas Project and the ongoing war against his administration, and the making-shit-up-about-Gore campaign, and Swift Boats and, hell, almost every Massachusetts gubernatorial campaign of my lifetime. This primary season has been the Good Ship Lollipop by comparison to those, and by comparison to what's coming.

2. Giggity

Giggity Member

So, Fen, do you take that to mean we really aren't ready for a female president? I tend to think it's got more to do with her personality than her vagina. I know the analogy falls apart in several places, but maybe she's more the Jesse Jackson of female candidates.

3. markvid

markvid Guest

I wouldn't say unstable. I'd say Hail Mary.

4. jagtrader

jagtrader Active Member

If that was a Hail Mary, it landed in the 18th row of the bleachers.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Yes. She's braced him, face to face, noting she admired his political acumen and his ability to get results.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

"Shame on you Barack Obama!"

She's really shrieking that line all over the news tonight. She really wants absolutely zero votes from men and apparently doesn't seem to mind scaring off any women who are still supporting her.

She's going out not with a bang but a whine.

7. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It occurs to me that Barack Obama went from "not tough enough to take on the GOP with their Rovian tactics" to the perpetrator of Rovian tactics awfully quickly.

Quick learner, he.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I'm with you, Zeke. I love how the Clintons play the race card in South Carolina, and yet Obama's the one who's using Karl Rove tactics? Yeah, that makes sense.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I'm still trying to figure out what's not true in them.

Her husband, you know, who used to be president and who's policies and everything else she more or less wants to continue, signed that treaty. She brought up garnishing people's wages to make them pay for health care, like it's similar to overdue child support or unpaid taxes.

She's got no shot at winning. Time to give up on the bullshit.

10. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

I love how people rail against NAFTA without realizing it was Bill Clinton who oversaw its signing. So I guess you could say he screwed over his own union faithful?

As for Hillary, it looks like she's getting desperate. Imagine if she loses either Ohio, Texas or both. Hooooweeeee, will that be an ugly post-mortem.

11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

This is becoming painful. This isn't "politics as usual"; it's sheer stridency, stemming from desperation.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Bill signing NAFTA is one of the reasons why I see little difference in the two parties, economically-speaking. I've seen little personal benefit from NAFTA.

I'm also getting the sense that Hillary is getting desperate. It seems she's a little late in complaining about the mailings.

Draft saved Draft deleted