1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clinton concedes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by novelist_wannabe, Jun 7, 2008.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

She's a pro. She did what a pro had to do and did it extremely well. She might be on the ticket yet, except I believe that when the shock of losing wears off, she'll realize that would be.

2. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

At first I thought, hell no, Obama would never put her on the ticket.

In fact I thought he'd deliver the Hillary camp a great big F.U. by inviting "Judas" Richardson to shore up his sagging Latino numbers.

That may still happen, but now I think Obama would at least seek Hillary's blessing as a courtesy.

And I'd raise the odds of an Obama-Clinton ticket to 20-80 against, as opposed to NFW. I just can't dismiss it out of hand at the moment.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm beginning to think she might wind up on the ticket after all...

4. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

I think Clinton did the absolute minimum.

She should have talked about the choice in this election between McCain and Obama and detailed why McCain is the wrong choice. She never mentioned McCain at all.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

She'd love to be asked, but the only way BO is asking in public is if he knows in private the answer is "no". That Bobby Kennedy crap finished her off, and Tuesday night's "what about meeeeeeeeee" notarized the death certificate.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Having listened to a good many of her (uninspired, robotic) speeches or whatever on TV, I was impressed at yesterday's bow-out. Finally talked from the gut without holding back. All I kept thinking was, "Why didn't she ever speak like this before?"

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Racist? Sexist?

How about "stupid and childish"?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

It may -- is -- stupid and childish, but you can't turn your nose upward and dismiss it. There are a lot of idiots out there in that country of ours, and their vote counts as much as ours.

The idiot factor is going to be a very crucial component in November.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

There's going to be a lot of "stupid and childish" in the next five months . . . most likely, more than any of us have ever seen in a general. I've already heard more
    verbal off-the-record (sheer) garbage from supposedly-solid citizens of considerable means regarding this race than I've ever heard, at a similar point on the calendar.

The public race-baiting to come, related to this race, will be sickening. The George Allens of the world will think it's all just dandy and high comedy, but the broad public reaction/revulsion will be significant.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

It's why, sadly, I'm not sure that the America we know will choose an African-American liberal over a grandfatherly hawk.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Bring it on; the public race-baiting will remove the shackles on the other side on the subject of age. Namely, do we want to spend 4 (or 8 ) more years with a snoozing grandpa in the saddle??

Of course, that will bring the Reaganauts stampeding out of the woodwork, but so what? They're all voting for McCain anyway.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Health care reform. It's been her calling for years now, it would make sense to let het take the lead on that as perhaps part of his Cabinet.

Draft saved Draft deleted