1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clinton concedes

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by novelist_wannabe, Jun 7, 2008.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Re: BREAKING: CLINTON CONCEDES

I watched about 5-10 minutes of the speech live today. It was a bunch of BS on her part.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

If she says it's a beautiful day, I wonder how she thinks it could benefit her.

3. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Oh, forget it.

Evidently, it was all bullshit because ... well, it just was.

We have a poster on record here that will vote for Obama, unless Clinton is on the ticket. In that case, he will vote for the candidate who will prolong the war he hates and has spoken out against -- because Hillary is a bitch, and we just can't have that.

In the age of Bush and Cheney and Rumsfeld and Rice and Wolfowitz and Perle & Co., I don't get the contention of Clinton as Evil IncarnateTM. I really don't.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The grace she mustered today (gritted teeth offstage, probably) cemented a cabinet post for her. Big deal. Time to move on to bigger things.

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Don't bother Joe.
    Clinton's a bitch. That's all that matters.
    I really hope that Obama will be the president his supporters believe him to be.

6. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I'm not sure anyone can be the president many of Obama's supporters believe him to be. Not these days. It would take a major world-changing event followed by decades of romanticizing his term by the historians and media.

The man has spent much of his political career running for higher political office. I'm sure someone will be eager to correct me, but I think he's only run for re-election once. He's been on the fast track since Day One.

It will be interesting to see what he can accomplish when his focus is completely on his current job, with no thoughts to further advancement. I am eager to see if he and the Democratic Congress can enact sweeping positive changes for the nation, and possibly the world. I (the audacity of) hope to see the Democrats deal well with the world situation.

And the "Bros before Hoes" thing is not becoming of people who are actually old enough to vote.

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I wasn't a Hillary supporter, although her health care plan was superior to Obama's, but the way in which certain Obama supporters reacted to her was embarrassing and showed how far women have to go in this society. Oh, I know they'll be on here moaning and groaning about how they aren't sexist and how they treat women with respect and they'd vote for the "right" woman, but if you read what they've written about Hillary, the words they use to describe her and put her down, the fact they have issues with strong women bubbles right to the surface.

And yes, "Bros before Hoes" is disgusting.

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

I supported Obama throughout the primaries. I agree that today's speech was easily the best speech she's ever given. It was indeed classy and gracious, although four days too late. And that said I'll still vote for Obama even if he's stupid enough to name her VP.
    Edit: Don't want her as VP because she will overshadow him, although she appeals to the wing of the party he doesn't she's still too polarizing a figure, and the last thing Obama needs as he tries to enact change is a former President as the spouse of his VP.

9. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I know it won't stop the concern trolls, but I don't know what they get out of denigrating Obama supporters, here.

It was a good speech, and several of us said so.

10. sportschick

Her husband would be a nightmare if she was VP. He'd be sticking his nose into everything, cause he can't let go.

And Zeke, there were several who bashed her speech today as self-serving or "BS" on her part. Like I said, it's embarrassing to me as an Obama bandwagon jumper.

11. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Some people thought it was bullshit.

They're entitled to their opinion.

12. sportschick

And when it's the same people who have constantly referred to her as evil, a bitch, etc., there's a lot that can be read into that opinion.

Draft saved Draft deleted