1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clint Malarchuk reunites with an old friend

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Trey Beamon, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Called massive blood loss. :eek:

Former Buffalo Sabres goalie Clint Malarchuk apparently accidentally shot himself in the chin Tuesday with a .22-caliber rifle at his Fish Springs residence, according to the Record-Courier of Nevada.

Malarchuk, 47, was taken to Renown Regional Medical Center in Reno by helicopter. Douglas County sheriff's deputies were investigating the incident Wednesday to determine if the shooting was accidental, the paper said.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabresnhl/story/458823.html

Oh, and here's his claim to fame: A skate to the throat in a game against the St. Louis Blues in 1989.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

The skate to the throat remains the most disturbing thing I've ever seen.

And why is hte paper calling it an accident when the police are still investigating whether or not it was accidental?

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Well, it's either an accident that he shot himself or an accident that he didn't do a better job of it. Take your pick.

4. Flash

Flash Guest

I snorggled at the thread title.

5. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

I was at that game. No fuggin' way I'm clicking on that link -- I want to sleep tonight.

The way I read it, his wife reported it as accidental when she called 911. Po-po aren't so sure, and given his past struggles with depression, the other possibility can't be discounted. Either way, I hope he comes out of it all right.

6. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

A .22 rifle does not just "go off" when the stock is placed on the ground unless the trigger poundage is set at an Olympic-style, dangerously-low level.

Police have every right to be suspicious about it.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I did too... are we going to hell for it?

8. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

just what exactly is a snorggle?

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

I completely agree.

10. Flash

Flash Guest

Hold my hand.

Snort-giggle.

11. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

If I can't get a woman to orgasm, I suppose a snorggle is the next best thing.

Wait ... what?

12. pallister

pallister Guest

I just watched the clip again; showed it to a co-worker who had never seen it.

Draft saved Draft deleted