1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Climate Change? Nahhh ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Riptide, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Haven't seen this mentioned here, and haven't really seen it get a lot of play in the news. A couple of climate activists/idiots dumped red powder on the National Archives display containing the Constitution.
    Thankfully, the Constitution itself was not damaged although the archivists are having a hell of a time cleaning up the powder.

National Archives working to clean up red powder dumped on Constitution display by protesters

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Good. Put ‘em behind bars.

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I think I saw that guy on the left playing hacky sack on my college campus back in 2003.

I do love when two white men force a group of black officers to clean up their mess while they talk about the privilege of white men while performing an act that would get a person of color strangled on the floor of the National Archives.

justgladtobehere likes this.
  4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Happened at exactly the same time as the Kansas City parade shooting.

America!

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

6. Neutral Corner

This is what an El Nino year looks like, although this one was warmer than average.

upload_2024-3-13_20-6-50.jpeg

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

+10ºF in Minnesota means it's 15º instead of 5º. The locals might've not noticed much.

But 68º in Chicago in early March is beyond awesome. They were warmer than Dallas a couple of days.

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

I’m in the +6 to +8 zone. Trees here have pale green baby leaves, and the Asian pear trees are blooming. It’s totally different from when I was a kid in a global warming kind of way.

9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

We've gone from our low 40s average in March to around 50, with a couple 60-degree days sneaking in.

We also had the least snow here in I'd guess 20 years. Only a couple 2- or 3-inch events.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

But how is this affecting northern Russia?

11. Neutral Corner

The truth is out there.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Death rate ballooning as more people open their windows earlier in the year.

Draft saved Draft deleted