1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cleveland advice

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Mar 15, 2011.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Was the Irish place on St. Patrick's Day Flannery's? If so, we ran into each other and didn't even know it. I was already quite blitzed after pounding Guinness at the Winking Lizard. Someone bought me a shot of Jagermeister (hey, I'm half-German too), which had to have been at least a triple-shot. Closed that dump.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Bubbler: that's the place. Did you see former NBAer Doug West striking out with about a dozen 4s before finally finding a taker? Hilarious.

TSP: And I made fun of those ugly GMU girls you mentioned. You musta missed that. Can't imagine how.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

So it was the ass-kicking by tOSU that put the tears in your eyes.

4. JackReacher

So now you're shit-talking the number one team in the country beating my poor little mid major team? How proud you must be. Celebrate by hitting the clubs downtown. Dance with a 3. Have a ball!

5. Bubbler

Dammit I missed that!

6. JackReacher

It was quite a show. Once I figured out who it was, I looked up his wiki page from my phone and found this little passage...

"In the late 1990s, West suffered from depression and alcoholism, for which he sought treatment."

That's right. Doug West conquers all!

7. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

It's the tradition throughout the region for as long as I can remember. Get wasted and party from morning until the late afternoon. Sleep it off after that.

I think it has a lot to do with aggressive DUI patrols to tell you the truth.

8. JackReacher

That was another thing I noticed: cops everywhere. Hundreds of them. At least three or four in every bar. More just walking up and down the street. Even more in patrol cars. On Saturday, they had 6th St. blocked off and there must have been 10 cop cars just sitting there, waiting for something to pop off. Nothing did, at least when we were there.

9. Bubbler

Maybe they thought BYH was going to assassinate Jim Larranaga?

10. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Staying across the street from the baseball field in October and haven't been to Cleveland in 7-8 years. Are the Flats dead? Where's a good spot to walk around at night (other than around our hotel)?

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Flats are dead. Doornail dead.

We hung out around 4th Street (which I think is where you're staying) I think. Stay there. :) Oh, and ask TSP and Joel Hammond and Junkie.

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The Flats look like a Scooby-Doo ghost town.
    So I've heard.

Draft saved Draft deleted