1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clerks II - Are you gonna see it?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Seabasket, Jul 21, 2006.

?

Will you go see Clerks II?

1. Yes

81.4%
  2. No

14.3%
  3. Never saw the first one; no interest

4.3%
  1. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Will somebody please explain why Smith waited 12 years for a sequel?

2. LiveStrong

LiveStrong Active Member

saw it today. i enjoyed it and most of us laughed through it. you'll cringe a lot too.

I can't believe this movie got an R (not that I'm complaining) but it really, really pushed it.

Also, Rosario's dancing is the movie highlight of 2006 so far.

3. shockey

shockey Active Member

because he was dead-set against the idea until his last couple of movies tanked. :eek: :eek: :eek:

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

On the talk shows, Smith has joked that after Jersey Girl, he needed to do a movie that was virtually guaranteed to be a success...

I'm guessing that's pretty close to the truth... I love Smith's movies, but I'm beginning to doubt whether he can pull off anything bigger than a "Jersey Trilogy" type film...

5. Sly

Sly Active Member

You mean you don't already know the answer? The guy's a comic book geek, not an auteur. Always has been, always will be. Everything after Chasing Amy was absolute crap.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'll see it, but my expectations are low.
    The Shyamalan movie is up first this weekend. This Smith movie might have to wait until next week.
    I'm still angry at Smith for having a hand in getting 'Vulgar' made.
    And I'm even angrier at myself for watching it.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Gotta disagree... Dogma was good stuff. Right behind Clerks as his best stuff. J&SB Strikes Back was good for what it was... one long in-joke for the fans who loved the other stuff.

But yeah, Jersey Girl was crap.

8. Jim Tom Pinch

Jim Tom Pinch Active Member

Saw it too. It was fun. It's not as good as the original, but die-hard Clerks fans won't feel betrayed.

9. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Dogma was outstanding. Out-fucking-standing. Very funny, but very, very intelligent.

10. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Ditto on Dogma. I enjoyed it, as well as Chasing Amy.

Never saw the original Clerks. Is that a must-see before seeing Clerks II?

11. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I fuckin' looove Dogma. And I'm gonna make JR see Clerks so I can drag his ass to the sequel.

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Yeah. First, it's a great, great movie. Second, Clerks II will have a lot more meaning if you see the first one.

Definitely rent Clerks first.

Draft saved Draft deleted