1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clearly, Isiah has photos of Little Jimmy Dolan committing unspeakable acts.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Mar 29, 2008.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Very much so. As long as Walsh doesn't trade for other, longer-term contracts (something he let Larry Bird do at Indiana, although that was because they were so desperate to get rid of Stephen Jackson), Zach Randolph is the only huge contract by that point, although Jamal Crawford and Eddy Curry (gack) could still be as well if they exercise their player options. But even if they do, the Knicks would have the money, and believe you me that if LeBron decides he wants to play in New York, Cleveland might have no choice but to do a sign-and-trade if it has to. But like Jerry West did for Shaq in LA, Walsh can spend some time clearing space for the superstar.

By the way, the NBA in the 1980s was not "thriving." The success of Boston-LA (a result of the Magic-Bird rivalry carrying over) nothwithstanding, most franchises were still drawing flies (the Pacers' league-low attendance would have made it a top-five team in much of the 80s), and ratings outside those championship series weren't spectacular. The NBA finals were still tape-delayed and shown at 11:30 p.m. Eastern in the early 1980s. The NBA didn't really take off across the board until Jordan.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Perhaps you should actually try reading the opposing argument more carefully next time. Or perhaps it would be better if you were not wasting so many keystrokes on insults. Something to remember the next time you are about to jump on my case because you think I'm not playing nice enough on the board.

But yes, thank you so very much for allowing me my opinion. So very kind. :)

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Mike Vaccaro's farewell to Zeke...brilliant

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04152008/sports/knicks/doors_that_way__you_arrogant_bum_106531.htm

Draft saved Draft deleted