1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

CLE vs LA @ MKE

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ifilus, Apr 9, 2007.

1. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

MONDAY, April 9, 2007, 12:06 p.m.
    By Don Walker
    Indians-Angels series moved to Milwaukee

The Cleveland Indians, beset by cold and and snowy weather in Cleveland, will play a three-game series at Miller Park against the Los Angeles Angels beginning Tuesday, an Indians official said Monday.

The nasty weather wiped out the Seattle Mariners and the Cleveland Indians for the fourth straight day, causing the teams to postpone Monday's scheduled doubleheader.

To say the least, a three-game series in Milwaukee in April, and involving the Indians and the Angels, is a little unusual.

"I got a call from Cleveland this morning asking if it would be possible to play there," said Mike Duckett, the executive director of the Miller Park stadium district. "I said yes."

Officials at the Milwaukee Brewers did not immediately return a phone call.

Cleveland still has not played an official home opener.

No details were immediately available on how tickets to the Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday series will be sold.

"We'll have another opening day," Duckett said. "We'll have the heat on and the roof closed."

Baseball fans will remember that Milwaukee stood in for Cleveland for the movie "Major League."

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Only right to include that nugget in this story. A must, really.

3. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

<a href="http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/39464/">
    Already covered in the general MLB thread.</a>

4. markvid

markvid Guest

The Indians will have to unnecessarily stay in the Pfister.

Blech.

5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Doesn't matter. This deserves its own topic. Besides, you would have to wade through 20-pages of baseball game commentary just to reach it.

As stated elsewhere, I am rather confused about why MLB wouldn't just change the game to Anaheim and move one of the later series back to Cleveland.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Who cares, flyover state.[/spnited]

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I was under the assumption that they were going to move the series to Anaheim. Why move it to Milwaukee?

Anyhoo, I'm heading back to the MLB thread to comment.

8. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Tuesday is also the day the new special edition Major League DVD comes out.

If I were Milwaukee, I would be promoting the shit out of this.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I didn't even realize that. No doubt, it seems to good to be true for them. Life imitating art.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They should have done this with today's doubleheader, or at least one of the games, and then moved the upcoming series to Anaheim, moving a later series from Anaheim to Cleveland.

Of course, that doesn't put three extra games in the commish's beloved Milwaukee.

11. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

All seats: $10

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

Maybe ex-Indian OFer Mel Hall can meet his mistress there. And his wife, too!

Draft saved Draft deleted