1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clay Travis, Boobs and CNN

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Doc Holliday, Sep 15, 2017.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Do we even need to guess who Travis had on his show this morning? When I heard the tease it was an immediate "click."

2. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

5. MeanGreenATO

MeanGreenATO Well-Known Member

Was just coming here to post the latest update. The grift is complete. Goodness, what a schmuck.

6. DanielSimpsonDay

7. DanOregon

But he voted for OBAMA!!!!

I've heard a bit of Buck Sexton - damn his name even sounds like a conservative talk show host - but he's actually listenable and doesn't figure his listeners are morons and will swallow anything.
    And I've actually enjoyed listening to Outkick the Coverage the last few days with Jonas Knox filling in with Brady Quinn. I do wonder if the whole play was for Fox to "swallow" the site incorporate the Outkick brand as they saw fit, maybe have Travis contribute an article now and then, or what. They would be wise to keep Knox and Quinn and ditch the political stuff.
    My guess is that this has been Travis' play since Limbaugh announced he was dying. Prior to Covid and George Floyd he would go against the grain and be a contrarian for the sake of trying to make a name for himself, but he wasn't anti-facts or common sense.
    He looks around, realizes he has as much ability to become the next Limbaugh as any other clown in the realm and makes the move to COVID denier/All Lives Matter Guy. Sells OTC at peak, One thing for sure, he and Whitlock look a lot smarter to Trumpers when they talk politics, than when they try to talk sports to sports fans.

Last edited: May 27, 2021
  8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

9. DanielSimpsonDay

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Buck Sexton has been in the Limbaugh guest host rotation for a long time. I think he's had his own show for a few years as well, so he's an experienced radio guy familiar to Limbaugh's audience. He's not the worst of the lot, but I'm not sure he's the best either.

11. DanOregon

I do wonder if this is a situation where they'll end up dumping one or the other after a year based on audience preference. Two hosts agreeing on everything is horrible radio. And if you have two hosts who disagree, I'm thinking the audience will generally prefer one or the other. This is IHeart's way of covering their bases on whether to go with a conservative (Sexton) or a Trumper like Clay.

And now with Whitlock doing The Blaze and Will Cain on Fox News the sports world is devoid of righty political talkers, though I've heard Gottlieb is creeping into that territory - surprised Doug has the time between cramming in anecdotes that remind people that he was a big time college player, knows a lot of famous people and has a great life.

Last edited: May 28, 2021
  12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

LOL poor Ken Matthews.

Draft saved Draft deleted