1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Classic (Or Popular; Or Hit) Movies You've Never Seen

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Jan 7, 2009.

1. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

I also had a film class in college and got to see several classic movies, including The General, Citizen Kane, Chinatown, Birth of a Nation and Sunset Boulevard. Loved 'em all, and loved that class.
    I haven't yet seen Diner, although I have the DVD. Tried to watch it right after I bought it, but just didn't feel like it. I'll get around to it one day.
    Haven't seen Citizen Kane, and I'm not sure how or why. I've always wanted to, but just never got around to it.

2. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Whoa. Didn't you see Citizen Kane in your class?

3. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

I was thinking we did, but I can't recall it. I'm thinking I must have been absent that day or something. I'll see it soon. I swear.

4. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

And maybe a little off topic, but anyone know why there's a photo of Alan Thicke at the top of the IMDB page for Citizen Kane, since he wasn't even born when the movie was made.

EDIT: Never mind. Looks like it was from a DVD release party. Thought he might have been in a crappy remake or something.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

http://www.imdb.com/media/index/rg3924924928

It's the Citizen Kane DVD release party. No idea why most of those people were there.

6. DirtyDeeds

DirtyDeeds Guest

Gotcha. Thanks.

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Now that's a list.

Draft saved Draft deleted