1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Classic NYPD Blue episode today

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by micropolitan guy, Jul 22, 2006.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

On Court TV, from the first year. It featured:

* David Caruso and Sherry Stringfield, the future Dr. Susan Lewis of ER fame, in a steamy shower scene.

* Future Friends star David Schwimmer as B4, a tenant in Caruso's old apartment building (Spoiler alert, he later gets shot and killed)

* Future Just Shoot Me star Wendy Malick as an abused wife who shoots her husband to death.

* Future Judging Amy star Amy Brennerman as Caruso's jilted love interest.

Pretty heavy=hitting lineup for an hour TV show.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

Davis Caruso and steamy shower scene simply don't go together.

3. The Duke

The Duke Member

If Dennis Franz doesn't get naked ... I don't watch

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Sorry, just wanted to preserve this one.

Carry on.

5. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

Was Caruso wearing sunglasses?

6. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

The pilot of Miami Vice is on right now. Jimmy Smits is in it.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Wasn't watching him. However, Ms. Stringfellow looked excellent (as did Sharon Lawrence in the Andy Sipowitz shower scene).

Wendy Malick was wearing sunglasses in this episode.  8)

It's the fourth episode, first year. Schwimmer bites it on a subway platform, trying to play hero.

8. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

It's fun going back to see all the bit characters. I know Charlotte Ross played a bit part in some early episode, a battered wife maybe, only to come back and play a detective a few years later.

Perhaps not in a coincidence, Jessie Spano was a love interest for Baldwin Jones before Zack Morris became a bad-ass detective. Screech shoulda played a skell. Then all would've been right with the world.

9. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

I caught the end of the one episode yesterday and delayed plans to watch the one wear Caruso is playing in a pickup basketball game and a buddy punches another and kills the guy. What a great episode.

It is amazing to see how far Caruso has come since then. He was great in the first season or so and now he is a walking joke. Kind of like Chris Berman.

Draft saved Draft deleted