1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Classic Batman comic.....

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Big Chee, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

I don't think I've laughed this hard reading a comic strip....EVER[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Batman's parents were Jewish?? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

3. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I thought it was going to be the one where the Joker is upset because Gotham is laughing at his boner...

4. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The Batman/Robin dynamic remains one of the most disturbing in modern comics history.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Jealous much?

6. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

Another classic.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

At least it's not the "I'm the Goddam Batman!" panel from All-Star Batman and Robin. Horribly-written crap.

Regarding the strip BigCheeposted, there are lots of similar examples of disturbing images by current standards in old comics, especially ones like Batman and Superman because they have been around so long.

Some of the racial stereotypes can be particularly offensive. You also have examples of war propaganda in old Captain America comics from WWII, with slogans like, "Slap a Jap," which may have seemed appropriate at the time, but obviously are read in a very different context today.

I'm sure you can find some more disturbing Batman-Robin stuff, but I think a lot of what Ben_Hecht is talking about comes from the old show with Adam West and Burt Ward....which is really funny if you've ever heard any of the stories about those two behind the scenes and off the set.

8. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

LOL!!!! I heard about some of those stories. Those guys had a horde of groupies notched onto their bat-belts. It's really funny hearing their tales of loose sex coming out of the mouth of an old, aging Robin, whose name I can't recall.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Big Chee, the guy's name is Burt Ward.

Here's a website dedicated to comic covers that are similar to the strip that started this thread.

http://www.superdickery.com/galleries.html

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Jealous much?

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Merkle wants his boner back.

Draft saved Draft deleted