1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Classic Album Sundays"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, May 12, 2017.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

"The Doors" by the Doors.
    "Strange Days" by the Doors

exmediahack likes this.
  2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I've never understood the love of the Beatles. The classic rock of that era -- the Who, the Stones, Hendrix, Cream and later Zeppelin -- I bought at least one of their albums. I never bought a Beatles album. Just didn't quite do it for me, but can't really finger why.

X-Hack likes this.
  3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

And Mr. Fantasy

Michael_ Gee likes this.
  4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Another overrated album.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

A little off genre, perhaps, but "Otis Redding: Live in Europe" is from the same year, and damn well stands up to the formidable albums cited in this thread.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

You hush your mouf!

7. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I still listen to albums in their entirety — from side A, track 1 to the final track on side B — quite often. As in, several times a week. But I'm always doing something else ... folding laundry, washing dishes, reading, etc.

It wasn't always that way: believe it or not, under-30 SJ.comers, you could spend a great evening/afternoon/morning listening to LPs and/or CDs with the lyrics and liner notes in your hand, a drink or two and some imagination.

Looking back, it's easy to argue I wasted hundreds and hundreds of hours during the prime years of my life listening to music, but I wouldn't take a minute of it back. (Well, maybe all those hours spent trying to understand Pavement albums. Never did get that band ... :))

QYFW likes this.
  8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

The Amboy Dukes' debut came out that year, too. Unleashing Ted Nugent on the world.

9. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Essentially one song worth a shit in a 50-year career.

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Quite wrong.

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

One of the greatest live albums ever made

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Made some great hard rock records in the 70s, Double Live Gonzo is a great live album in a decade full of them

QYFW likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted