1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Class Status

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Ha-no, not British, that's just the useless grad degree I just finished talking-the one that hasn't even gotten me a job yet. :)

2. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Personal preference, Inky. I never had any desire to buy a house with established "character." I didn't want a fixer-upper. I wanted something that was new when I walked in.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I just wouldn't want to live in a neighborhood where I have to check the address when I pull in because every house looks the same.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

From yesterday's NYT, "In Silicon Valley, Millionaires Who Don’t Feel Rich"...

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/05/technology/05rich.html?_r=2&ref=technology&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

5. It truly depends on where you live. I went from making 35K to 50K, and was ecstatic. Felt I was finally getting somewhere financially. But I had to move to a more expensive area to live - one of the most expensive in the country - and I'm still broke as ever.

I've been in the postcollege workforce for about eight years now, and I've found it hard to save. Other than my first post-college job when I made a whopping 21K/year, I've never really had a tough time scraping by. But saving has been another issue altogether. I save through my 401K pretty well, but I don't have anything left over to play the stock market or at least put money in a mutual fund. Sometimes I feel like I'll never be able to afford any house - McMansion or otherwise.

Draft saved Draft deleted