1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clark Judge says attitude should keep T.O. out of the HOF

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

He caught a touchdown pass on the last play of a playoff game, even though he was sandwiched by two defenders trying to decapitate him on the play. Was that going all out?

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Clark Judge should get a HOF vote about the time they start putting stuff on the plaques like, "Does not play well with others."

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

To Clark Judge someone is to insist "He rubs me the wrong way" without regard to any evidence.

4. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

I don't have a vote so that is why I stated it was my opinion. I also stated up front in my post that he will get in. Anything else to the conversation?

5. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Read my entire post and see where I referenced the Packers game and the Super Bowl...

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You suppose wrong. My first post made what I was saying clear, too. I said that TO is a top 5 receiver of all time. If you WANT to discount his numbers because he played in an era of inflated receiving numbers, he is STILL probably a top 5 all-time receiver.

Nowhere did I ever suggest that *all* players from an era get disqualified, because the game changed to make stats look bigger. I suggested that you need to be more discriminating than, "look at the stats."

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  7. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Yeah, he explained to you why your opinion is wrong and exactly how much it is wrong. As in, a lot. It's a lot wrong. It's wrongingly wrong. If you're so inflexible as to stick with an opinion that's been demonstrated to be wrong, that's on you. Popping off with smartassery just makes it worse.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I Clark Judge you.

9. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Didn't judge write something else recently that got ripped here?

10. 3OctaveFart

3OctaveFart Guest

If you want a receiver who not only disappeared for games and stretches but seasons at a time in prime years of his career, look no farther than Tim Brown.
    Dropped passes have only been compiled since around 2003, but that is Owens' lone weak area.

11. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I didn't realize that it had to be spelled out that Owens (and Moss, for that matter) was a top 5 receiver of all time. I figured the stats (which you discounted) and performance said it for me.

My bad. I think we're in agreement on everything except the discounting of one's stats simply because of the era in which they played.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

It shouldn't be a disqualifying factor in the baseball HOF either.

Draft saved Draft deleted