1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clarion-Ledger Ole Miss beat

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by RustyHampton, Aug 22, 2007.

1. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

so, who'll get the hattiesburg job? And will this thread end up like the Mobile thread?

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

God, I hope not.

3. CRM

CRM Member

Congrats to Kareem.

4. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

better question, who the hell wants the Hattiesburg job. It's friggin Hattiesburg!

5. Moland Spring

Moland Spring Member

Yeah, good call. Who wants the Hattiesburg job? What talented newbie or recent graduate would want to cover a major Division I-A college for a 25K circulation paper, especially when that beat is the No. 1 for the publication? Who wants the experience of covering a major beat, without a ton of pressure because the C-L is the big dog anyway? Especially, who wants a beat like this that travels?

Did I forget to turn the sarcasm font on? And no, I'm not Kareem, I'm not a recent H-American worker, etc... It just pisses me off, because some reporters want good jobs for reasons OTHER than if the town is Songbird.

6. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

Also, a couple of Southern Miss beat guys at the American ended up getting gigs at the C-L. Hell, you're working for the same chain, about two hours away from Jackson. And Hattiesburg is a pretty decent town.

7. clarkington

clarkington Member

Congrats, Dave.

8. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

what is hattiesburg -- an hour from the beach and 90 minutes from Fuerte's adopted hometown of New Orleans? there are worse places to be.

9. John

John Well-Known Member

Like Starkville. [/olemissfanboy]

10. Faithless

Faithless Member

Starkville would be a more appealing place to live if Dewerks LaRay hadn't closed.

11. Congrats to Dave, a great guy and a great move for the C-L.

12. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Owner came up dead.
    I'd gone to school with him at State in the mid-80s.

Draft saved Draft deleted