1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Clarion-Ledger Miss. State beat

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by RustyHampton, Aug 12, 2006.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hell, his life was a waste before taking volleyball gamers

2. DeeCee

DeeCee New Member

probably, when it's 40 degrees or lower and the two teams have a combined 4 wins, I'm sure it's fantastic :)

3. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

At least they don't play it on Thanksgiving night anymore...that would have to suck to give up a big holiday to cover a game between two teams that are in a good year, just mediocre.

4. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Yes, that sucked a great deal.

5. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

depends on your point of view. for some people it means avoiding the in-laws in a holiday setting with no alcohol.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

You should have considered that when you were getting married then. You knew what you were marrying into.

7. 2underpar

2underpar Active Member

does anybody really know what they are getting into when they get married?

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I always enjoyed the Thanksgiving Egg Bowl when I was young, single and in a town with no family for 1,000 miles. Driving to Oxford or Starkville and working kept me from wanting to blow my brains out over a serious lack of turkey in my system.

9. PaseanaARG

PaseanaARG Guest

Tardy congrats to Veazey, who will do fine work for Jackson. Welcome to Gannett.

10. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Ha! I told my wife I'm not the only one who is uncomfortable in such situations. My in-laws take it one step further - they turn the television off, apparently in a misguided attempt to encourage conversation. Always a blast for the outsider.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

What you should do then is find a couch and take a nap. Blame it on the turkey.

Draft saved Draft deleted