1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Civil war a possibility in Iraq ... you don't say?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by dog428, Aug 3, 2006.

1. dog428

dog428 Active Member

2. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

YOU CAN'T TELL THAN YOU DIDN'T SEE THIS COMING I SAW IT COMING EVER SINCE BUSH STARTED SENDING TROOPS INTO IRAQ.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Gosh, we better restore Saddam to power right now. That'll fix everything.

4. dog428

dog428 Active Member

You know what I find most interesting about this post? The period at the end. I mean, at that point, why even bother with punctuation?

5. Well, better late than never ...

6. Armchair_QB

Baby steps my man, baby steps.

7. 130,000 American troops in the middle of a civil war in which the only thing both sides agree on is that they hate us, and that's the best you can do?

8. Armchair_QB

When a dead horse is being beaten there's no reason to do more.

We've been hearing Iraq is headed for a civil war for about a year now. When's it going to start?

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

It's a sad fact of life (and medicine) that sometimes the "cure" is, in fact, worse than the disease.

Iraq is Exhibit A.

At 100 violent deaths a day so far in 2006 ---- that's 35,000+ for the year ---- whether it has "started" or not is only a matter of semantics.

Yes, it has started. Sorry that you weren't provided a Fort Sumter moment to mark the occasion.

10. That's as singularly ignorant as it gets.

11. dog428

dog428 Active Member

That's both funny and sad at the same time.

What exactly are you waiting on? A banner on Fox News that reads "Iraq Civil War"?

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Fox News still runs a scolling "Terror Alert: Elevated" at the bottom of the screen.

A little subliminal fear to keep the lemmings in line.

Just once I'd love to see someone with a sense of humor --- and a job lined up elsewhere --- change it to "Terror Alert: We're Fucked"

Draft saved Draft deleted